Coming soon...a Bored Geocaching Mystery

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Coming soon...a Bored Geocaching Mystery

#1 Post by Vandal » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 am

I've created several geocaching puzzles based on various Tangredi and LS games from the Bored (with permission, of course), and they have been very well received in the geocaching world. A couple of months ago, I decided to create a geocaching puzzle based on a popular promo series featuring the Bored's two most famous cops.

ImageImage

This one turned out to be a lot more difficult than expected. Hundreds have tried, but only three cachers have solved it. The folks on this Bored are pretty good at puzzles, so I thought I'd cross post it here (the puzzle is available on geocaching.com for premium members only).

But there's a twist: the post will be locked and there can be no sharing of information. The only way to claim victory is to email me the correct results (in this case, a set of lat/long coordinates). All winners will be put into a drawing for a prize, most likely a signed copy of one of my books. But mostly, it's just for fun.

I'll post the puzzle later in the week and keep it around for as long as needed. I changed the character names to BB names, but otherwise left it intact. Look for the puzzle by name:

Esto Spills His Guts

Good luck and have fun.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

tlynn78

Re: Coming soon...a Bored Geocaching Mystery

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Vandal wrote:I've created several geocaching puzzles based on various Tangredi and LS games from the Bored (with permission, of course), and they have been very well received in the geocaching world. A couple of months ago, I decided to create a geocaching puzzle based on a popular promo series featuring the Bored's two most famous cops.

ImageImage

This one turned out to be a lot more difficult than expected. Hundreds have tried, but only three cachers have solved it. The folks on this Bored are pretty good at puzzles, so I thought I'd cross post it here (the puzzle is available on geocaching.com for premium members only).

But there's a twist: the post will be locked and there can be no sharing of information. The only way to claim victory is to email me the correct results (in this case, a set of lat/long coordinates). All winners will be put into a drawing for a prize, most likely a signed copy of one of my books. But mostly, it's just for fun.

I'll post the puzzle later in the week and keep it around for as long as needed. I changed the character names to BB names, but otherwise left it intact. Look for the puzzle by name:

Esto Spills His Guts

Good luck and have fun.
Oooh, intriguing!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Vandal wrote: The only way to claim victory is to email me the correct results (in this case, a set of lat/long coordinates).
Go north till you smell it.
Go west till you step in it.

Did I win?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:57 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Vandal wrote: The only way to claim victory is to email me the correct results (in this case, a set of lat/long coordinates).
Go north till you smell it.
Go west till you step in it.

Did I win?

Yes. Here's your trophy for following directions so well.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster