Anchorage Earthquake

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Anchorage Earthquake

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 pm

No word from Cindy on FB yet - anyone have contact?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

Re: Anchorage Earthquake

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 pm

She's checked in on FB as "okay"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:12 pm

AP is updating the status from time to time on this web page: https://apnews.com/95774b5627a0473c8f14 ... jMTKYyO2as
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:27 am

Glad to hear that Cindy is OK.

Hope we can say the same about our fishing cabin. It's about eight miles from Kenai, which was hit.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Glad to hear that Cindy is OK.

Hope we can say the same about our fishing cabin. It's about eight miles from Kenai, which was hit.

Sprots, when/how will you find out?

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:25 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
I didn't know you had an Alaska fishing cabin.

My reaction, in my best Napoleon Dynamite impersonation "Lucky."

Hope it is OK from the earthquake.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Thanks, TLynn and Spock.

One of our partners in the cabin called a buddy who now lives year-around in Alaska, about six miles northeast of our property as the crow flies. He knew there was an earthquake because he felt what he described as a vibration, not a quake. But no damage was reported in our area.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:22 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Thanks, TLynn and Spock.

One of our partners in the cabin called a buddy who now lives year-around in Alaska, about six miles northeast of our property as the crow flies. He knew there was an earthquake because he felt what he described as a vibration, not a quake. But no damage was reported in our area.
Good news! Now if the grizzlies leave it alone, you'll be set.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Thanks, TLynn and Spock.

Good news! Now if the grizzlies leave it alone, you'll be set.
Even if they stop by, I'm pretty sure they'll be satisfied with the bear necessities. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson