So much for raising the level of discourse

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

So much for raising the level of discourse

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Regardless of your fearless leader's crudite, are you able to rise above your mistaken righteousness?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/new-con ... therfcker/
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: So much for raising the level of discourse

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:42 pm

I wish she hadn't expressed herself publicly in such a vulgar manner. But on the list of top ten things that bothers me, that one ranks around number 84. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I wish she hadn't expressed herself publicly in such a vulgar manner. But on the list of top ten things that bothers me, that one ranks around number 84. --Bob
But it's #1 for her, cause she speaks truth to powah.

Bless her...
Well, then

kroxquo

#4 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:20 am

I pray to God that unless something so blatant is revealed that impeachment would be bipartisan that the Democrats do not seriously pursue it. Apart from the fact that using impeachment as a political tool rather than a Constitutional check is a very unwise move, they may get enough votes to get charges passed in the House, but the Senate will NEVER NEVER NEVER vote to convict and without conviction and removal, you are empowering him. They would give him a rallying cry for 2020. The Democratic Party leadership must know this. I surely hope that cooler heads in the Democratic Party prevail.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:13 pm

kroxquo wrote:I pray to God that unless something so blatant is revealed that impeachment would be bipartisan that the Democrats do not seriously pursue it. Apart from the fact that using impeachment as a political tool rather than a Constitutional check is a very unwise move, they may get enough votes to get charges passed in the House, but the Senate will NEVER NEVER NEVER vote to convict and without conviction and removal, you are empowering him. They would give him a rallying cry for 2020. The Democratic Party leadership must know this. I surely hope that cooler heads in the Democratic Party prevail.
Speaker Pelosi has said that the evidence will determine whether impeachment is appropriate. But I really don’t think that even at this point impeachment would be a political tool. The only issue in my mind is whether the evidence is so overwhelming that even some Republicans have to get on board. I say some Republicans because even Nixon had defenders in the Senate to the very end. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:I pray to God that unless something so blatant is revealed that impeachment would be bipartisan that the Democrats do not seriously pursue it. Apart from the fact that using impeachment as a political tool rather than a Constitutional check is a very unwise move, they may get enough votes to get charges passed in the House, but the Senate will NEVER NEVER NEVER vote to convict and without conviction and removal, you are empowering him. They would give him a rallying cry for 2020. The Democratic Party leadership must know this. I surely hope that cooler heads in the Democratic Party prevail.
Speaker Pelosi has said that the evidence will determine whether impeachment is appropriate. But I really don’t think that even at this point impeachment would be a political tool. The only issue in my mind is whether the evidence is so overwhelming that even some Republicans have to get on board. I say some Republicans because even Nixon had defenders in the Senate to the very end. —Bob
What evidence? At this point, there are only accusations. And nothing related to whatever 'Russian Collusion' is (which is not a defined crime). No crimes high or low, or misdemeanors have been committed, unless you consider winning the election and not being a democrat a crime, which you probably do.

You don't think the dems are using impeachment as a political tool? Well, as Beebs would say: Bless your heart.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:21 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
What evidence? At this point, there are only accusations. And nothing related to whatever 'Russian Collusion' is (which is not a defined crime). No crimes high or low, or misdemeanors have been committed, unless you consider winning the election and not being a democrat a crime, which you probably do.

You don't think the dems are using impeachment as a political tool? Well, as Beebs would say: Bless your heart.
Nothing short of a confession and a smoking gun video will qualify as evidence in your eyes. But for those of us who aren’t blinded by Trump Fanboy Syndrome, blowing an ally’s intelligence source to the same hostile foreign government that owns him financially and helped get him elected is an awfully good start. And let’s not even start with all of the foreign policy decisions that just happen to benefit Russia’s interests.

If anyone else in the White House had done a small fraction of what we know Donny has done, Republicans in Congress would be screaming for his head. It is the everlasting shame of the Republican Party that its members are more afraid of a primary challenge than they are of what they know (and will privately admit) Donny is doing to our national interest. —Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:59 pm

And speaking of the level of discourse, when I was watching Speaker Pelosi get elected, I noticed that Republicans on the floor of the House singled out Rep. Ocasio-Cortez by booing her when she cast her vote. They didn’t boo anyone else and Democrats, of course, didn’t boo anyone.

What the hell was that about? Is this the start of Gamergate on the floor of the House? —Bob

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:And speaking of the level of discourse, when I was watching Speaker Pelosi get elected, I noticed that Republicans on the floor of the House singled out Rep. Ocasio-Cortez by booing her when she cast her vote. They didn’t boo anyone else and Democrats, of course, didn’t boo anyone.

What the hell was that about? Is this the start of Gamergate on the floor of the House? —Bob
Earlier this week, right wingers tried to shame Ocasio-Cortez by criticizing a video she made in college in which she and some other students were dancing around. It backfired on them badly and the original poster pulled his Twitter account. Ocasio-Cortez even followed up on it:

The right wants to turn AOC into the new Hillary since even they realize they're running out of mileage with "lock her up" and "what about the e-mail" chants. The problem is that AOC may not be politically experienced, but she's very social media savvy and knows how to give as good as they dish it out.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:58 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And speaking of the level of discourse, when I was watching Speaker Pelosi get elected, I noticed that Republicans on the floor of the House singled out Rep. Ocasio-Cortez by booing her when she cast her vote. They didn’t boo anyone else and Democrats, of course, didn’t boo anyone.

Earlier this week, right wingers tried to shame Ocasio-Cortez by criticizing a video she made in college in which she and some other students were dancing around. It backfired on them badly and the original poster pulled his Twitter account. Ocasio-Cortez even followed up on it:

The right wants to turn AOC into the new Hillary since even they realize they're running out of mileage with "lock her up" and "what about the e-mail" chants. The problem is that AOC may not be politically experienced, but she's very social media savvy and knows how to give as good as they dish it out.
Oh my word. Can't believe the deflection or ...it just isn't worth it. Really. Dudes, you don't have any chance with her. You're old. She's young and the most popular idiot du jour. Give it up.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter wrote:Republican hypocrisy at its finest: saying that Trump admitting to sexual assault on tape is just “locker room talk,” but scandalizing themselves into faux-outrage when my sis says a curse word in a bar.

GOP lost entitlement to policing women’s behavior a long time ago.

Next.
AOC has social media down pat.

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 pm

You boys are truly laughable.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:58 am

Beebs52 wrote:

Oh my word. Can't believe the deflection or ...it just isn't worth it. Really. Dudes, you don't have any chance with her. You're old. She's young and the most popular idiot du jour. Give it up.
What deflection? You seem concerned about Rep. Tlaib’s breach of decorum when talking to her constituents but strikingly unconcerned about the breach of decorum committed by a pretty big fraction of the House Republican Caucus on the floor of the House. —Bob

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#14 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

You just CANNOT blast the opposition for employing crude rhetoric and behavior and turn around and do the same. As my dear departed mother used to say, "If (insert name of idiotic friend here) jumped off the Empire State Building, does that mean you would, too?".

So now we have a bit of power back...too many Dems have revenge on their minds, and instead of taking things patiently and rationally, they seem intent on going in half-assed and not fully armed. It blows my mind that with everything that HAS come out, Trump apologists are still insisting that 2 + 2 doesn't necessarily add up to 4. But, as our teachers used to say, in solving the problem, the work needs to be shown. Believe me, I'd love to see the jackass out of there, but rushing into a war armed with pea shooters ain't gonna do it. And it will backfire big time without significant ammunition, resulting in seeing our fearless leader taking that oath for another 4 years.

And while, you're at it, Dems, find a viable candidate. NOT one of the usual suspects. NOT one of the old guard. NOT someone easily ridiculed. Someone young, energetic, and focused on positive messages. And CERTAINLY do not take for granted that there is enough Trump backlash to be denied a second term. Remember that nobody thought he'd get a FIRST term. Those who do not learn from history, etc. etc.

Gather up all the ammunition available..and I believe it's there..and THEN take appropriate action. Be the tortoise, and not the hare, and it's likely the race will be won.

And remember, as Khan told Kirk, "Revenge is a dish best served cold"....
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:15 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

You just CANNOT blast the opposition for employing crude rhetoric and behavior and turn around and do the same. As my dear departed mother used to say, "If (insert name of idiotic friend here) jumped off the Empire State Building, does that mean you would, too?".

So now we have a bit of power back...too many Dems have revenge on their minds, and instead of taking things patiently and rationally, they seem intent on going in half-assed and not fully armed. It blows my mind that with everything that HAS come out, Trump apologists are still insisting that 2 + 2 doesn't necessarily add up to 4. But, as our teachers used to say, in solving the problem, the work needs to be shown. Believe me, I'd love to see the jackass out of there, but rushing into a war armed with pea shooters ain't gonna do it. And it will backfire big time without significant ammunition, resulting in seeing our fearless leader taking that oath for another 4 years.

And while, you're at it, Dems, find a viable candidate. NOT one of the usual suspects. NOT one of the old guard. NOT someone easily ridiculed. Someone young, energetic, and focused on positive messages. And CERTAINLY do not take for granted that there is enough Trump backlash to be denied a second term. Remember that nobody thought he'd get a FIRST term. Those who do not learn from history, etc. etc.

Gather up all the ammunition available..and I believe it's there..and THEN take appropriate action. Be the tortoise, and not the hare, and it's likely the race will be won.

rec
Well, then

kroxquo

#16 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 am

What he said
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am

The main problem for the lunatic dems is that even if they do find credible evidence of some offense that trump himself committed, they have already blown their credibility. Very few will believe them. People like bob-tel were already screaming 'IMPEACH' before he was even inaugurated. And they have now gotten control of the House by electing even more of their lunatic fringe. I would be happy to vote for a democrat if they can find someone to run for President that actually respects people who disagree with them, instead of demonizing them. But no one I have seen comes even close to fitting that bill.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Vandal
Director of Promos

#18 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 am

The main problem for the lunatic dems is that even if they do find credible evidence of some offense that trump himself committed, they have already blown their credibility. Very few will believe them.
No, what you mean is that very few of the hardcore Trump supporters and apologists will believe them because they've been fed a steady dose of "no collusion" and "fake news." There's plenty of evidence out there; you just choose to ignore it. And Mueller is not in the business of conducting a media circus to impress hardcore Trump supporters; he's gathering evidence for indictments and convictions, of which he has gotten quite a few already.
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I would be happy to vote for a democrat if they can find someone to run for President that actually respects people who disagree with them, instead of demonizing them. But no one I have seen comes even close to fitting that bill.
I'm curious how close Donald Trump comes to fitting that bill.

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am

The main problem for the lunatic dems is that even if they do find credible evidence of some offense that trump himself committed, they have already blown their credibility. Very few will believe them.
No, what you mean is that very few of the hardcore Trump supporters and apologists will believe them because they've been fed a steady dose of "no collusion" and "fake news." There's plenty of evidence out there; you just choose to ignore it. And Mueller is not in the business of conducting a media circus to impress hardcore Trump supporters; he's gathering evidence for indictments and convictions, of which he has gotten quite a few already.
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I would be happy to vote for a democrat if they can find someone to run for President that actually respects people who disagree with them, instead of demonizing them. But no one I have seen comes even close to fitting that bill.
I'm curious how close Donald Trump comes to fitting that bill.
Yes, we've been fed a steady diet of anti-trump hysteria from the MSM and your bat-phone sources. From day -60.
As I've said MANY MANY MANY times before on groundhog day, I have not voted for trump either in primaries or for president. I will gladly vote for anyone, dem or rep, who is not a lunatic who will not further split the country into two factions and demonize the one that they don't agree with.

Elizabeth Warren is a definitely not such a person.