The largest fentanyl seizure in Border Patrol history

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

The largest fentanyl seizure in Border Patrol history

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 pm

PHOENIX (AP) - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials in Nogales say they've made their biggest fentanyl bust ever.

The agency says it will provide details Thursday during a late morning news conference at the Mariposa border crossing in Nogales, Arizona.
A wall wouldn't have made any difference.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: The largest fentanyl seizure in Border Patrol history

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:41 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:19 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
PHOENIX (AP) - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials in Nogales say they've made their biggest fentanyl bust ever.

The agency says it will provide details Thursday during a late morning news conference at the Mariposa border crossing in Nogales, Arizona.
It's so unlike you to draw conclusions without having any details...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:50 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

I have details. It was seized at the port of entry.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:A wall wouldn't have made any difference.
I have details. It was seized at the port of entry.
The details you don't have relate to all the fentanyl they didn't seize. The fentanyl that didn't come through a port of entry.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:23 am

BackInTex wrote: The details you don't have relate to all the fentanyl they didn't seize. The fentanyl that didn't come through a port of entry.
It's being brought in by those same terrorists who keep dropping those prayer towels at the border because their arms are too full of illegal drugs to hold everything.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: The details you don't have relate to all the fentanyl they didn't seize. The fentanyl that didn't come through a port of entry.
It's being brought in by those same terrorists who keep dropping those prayer towels at the border because their arms are too full of illegal drugs to hold everything.
True, but I know you don't mean it to be.

Are you denying that ranchers on or near the border are finding such things? Are you just don't care?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 am

BackInTex wrote: Are you denying that ranchers on or near the border are finding such things? Are you just don't care?
No, what I'm saying is that they are finding discarded bits and pieces of clothing the same as you could probably find anywhere in the southwestern desert that people are claiming to be prayer towels.

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 am

BackInTex wrote: Are you denying that ranchers on or near the border are finding such things? Are you just don't care?
No, what I'm saying is that they are finding discarded bits and pieces of clothing the same as you could probably find anywhere in the southwestern desert that people are claiming to be prayer towels.
What you are saying is "Yes, I'm denying that ranchers on or near the border are finding such things."

If they say they are finding prayer towels and you are saying they are not, you are denying they are finding such things. Is that really that hard to understand? Just say it. Are you embarrassed to admit what you think?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:30 am

BackInTex wrote:
What you are saying is "Yes, I'm denying that ranchers on or near the border are finding such things."

If they say they are finding prayer towels and you are saying they are not, you are denying they are finding such things. Is that really that hard to understand? Just say it. Are you embarrassed to admit what you think?
I'm not denying they are finding things. I am denying that what they are finding are prayer towels instead of discarded sweaters, towels, blankets and other clothing items you will find all over the desert. You appear to be implying that I am claiming that the ranchers are making these stories up. What I'm saying is that someone is misidentifying the clothing items they have found. Where is the documented evidence of a prayer towel? Does it have a label saying "Made in Mecca" on it? Does it really make sense that someone who is religious enough to lug a prayer towel hundreds of miles through the desert then thinks so little of it that he or she discards it the minute they get over the border?

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:51 am

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Rugs, not towels.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Rugs, not towels.
Recent articles refer to "towels." Politifact investigated this claim in 2014 after a Breitbart article and found it "rugs on fire." I haven't seen any more recent alleged documentation.

https://www.politifact.com/texas/statem ... as-brush-/

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Rugs, not towels.
Recent articles refer to "towels." Politifact investigated this claim in 2014 after a Breitbart article and found it "rugs on fire." I haven't seen any more recent alleged documentation.

No. Recent interview references rugs, not towels. Nothing towelly since awhile back. You should update your source.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Rugs, not towels.

No. Recent interview references rugs, not towels. Nothing towelly since awhile back. You should update your source.
Well, I have seen them referred to as prayer towels. But, Trump is calling them prayer rugs, without any substantiation, so I'll go along with non-existent prayer rugs as opposed to non-existent prayer towels.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... 5cee81c82b

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

Well, I have seen them referred to as prayer towels. But, Trump is calling them prayer rugs, without any substantiation, so I'll go along with non-existent prayer rugs as opposed to non-existent prayer towels.

Hey, tomorrow's your big day, aSSShole.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#17 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

Try googling prayer towels. That article references rugs too. Regardless of veracity of claims, where are you getting TOWELS?
Well, then

themanintheseersuckersuit

#18 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:29 pm

So Bob is Jim Acosta now?
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.