304,000 Jobs Added in January

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

304,000 Jobs Added in January

#1 Post by Spock » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: 304,000 Jobs Added in January

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:25 pm

That was the 100th consecutive month in which the American economy added jobs. But did it escape your notice that the unemployment rate went up? Even though Donny is cooking the books by refusing to count furloughed federal employees as unemployed when in the past they have been so counted. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:That was the 100th consecutive month in which the American economy added jobs. But did it escape your notice that the unemployment rate went up? Even though Donny is cooking the books by refusing to count furloughed federal employees as unemployed when in the past they have been so counted. --Bob
Yeah, I noticed. It means more people are now looking. That's good news for those who believe folks should support themselves rather than rely on the government to give them money.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:That was the 100th consecutive month in which the American economy added jobs. But did it escape your notice that the unemployment rate went up? Even though Donny is cooking the books by refusing to count furloughed federal employees as unemployed when in the past they have been so counted. --Bob
Yeah, I noticed. It means more people are now looking. That's good news for those who believe folks should support themselves rather than rely on the government to give them money.
It means that the economy is no longer growing fast enough to absorb new entrants to the work force.

And wages, unlike corporate profits, were flat. I thought the trillion-dollar tax cut for billionaires was supposed to result in higher wages because all of these companies would be motivated by a sense of altruism to increase their workers' pay. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
It means that the economy is no longer growing fast enough to absorb new entrants to the work force.

And wages, unlike corporate profits, were flat. I thought the trillion-dollar tax cut for billionaires was supposed to result in higher wages because all of these companies would be motivated by a sense of altruism to increase their workers' pay. --Bob

DOOM!! DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Hey, Mr. Sunshine, It's good you always see the bright side.
Obama didn't count the people who dropped out of the workforce, remember that? These people are coming back in now. All those 'furloughed' people did not lose a cent of their pay. We all knew that they'd get their back pay when it was over, unlike people in the real world. And this 'government shutdown' was caused by dem intransigence, and trump called it off. All of them dems who won't give 1 dime now voted for even more money than trump wants for a barrier before trump. When did it become medieval? Feb 23, 2015? When did it become immoral? The second Wednesday of 2016?

Give me a break, bob-tel. The bat-phone people don't consider common sense when they come up with their arguments. I guess the dems have given up on those people who have some.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:44 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Hey, Mr. Sunshine, It's good you always see the bright side.
Obama didn't count the people who dropped out of the workforce, remember that? These people are coming back in now. All those 'furloughed' people did not lose a cent of their pay. We all knew that they'd get their back pay when it was over, unlike people in the real world. And this 'government shutdown' was caused by dem intransigence, and trump called it off. All of them dems who won't give 1 dime now voted for even more money than trump wants for a barrier before trump. When did it become medieval? Feb 23, 2015? When did it become immoral? The second Wednesday of 2016?

Give me a break, bob-tel. The bat-phone people don't consider common sense when they come up with their arguments. I guess the dems have given up on those people who have some.
The contractors who aren't employees aren't getting a penny. And unlike Donny, the House was standing up for what the clear majority of the American people wanted. It was the exact same deal that Donny was willing to accept just before the shutdown, until the radical right scared him into throwing a temper tantrum. And Donny said on camera that he'd be more than happy to accept responsibility for the shutdown. He was lying, of course, but the American people weren't willing to let him off the hook.

We already have walls where it makes sense to have them. It makes no sense to build a wall in the middle of a desert, but that's what Donny wants to squander our money on. No wonder the American people rejected his idea and the candidates he supported. --Bob

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

How are they counting unemployed now? It used to be that they were just those who were collecting unemployment insurance. Do they count those who have never had a job but want one?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

And I thought Obama's trillion dollar shovel ready 'stimulus' was supposed to solve all our infrastructure problems......
Where'd all that money go?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:41 am

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

lilclyde54

#11 Post by lilclyde54 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:38 pm

There are a few people on this board who would complain about something or try to spin it in a different direction if you offered to sell them dollar bills for ninety cents all day long.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again