Virginia Sen. Tommy Norment in racist hot water too

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Virginia Sen. Tommy Norment in racist hot water too

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Virginia Sen. Tommy Norment was an editor for VMI yearbook filled with racist photos and slurs

https://pilotonline.com/news/government ... 40140.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Virginia Sen. Tommy Norment in racist hot water too

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Are there any white Virginia politicians who haven't appeared in blackface?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Are there any white Virginia politicians who haven't appeared in blackface?
As someone pointed out on Facebook, the phenomenon seems to be limited to men. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Are there any white Virginia politicians who haven't appeared in blackface?
As someone pointed out on Facebook, the phenomenon seems to be limited to men. --Bob
Nope.

Photo resurfaces of Joy Behar in blackface for 'beautiful African woman' Halloween costume
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:32 pm

O.K. Most of you know I don't get easily offended and mock those that do, perhaps even qualifying a non-PC extremist. But even I think this was in poor taste. I know it wasn't intentionally offensive, but come on!

Gucci's now discontinued sweater.

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Nope.

Photo resurfaces of Joy Behar in blackface for 'beautiful African woman' Halloween costume
I really don't understand this, but I don't understand much of PC Culture. Biological men can pretend to be women and vice versa, and that's accepted and in the PC circles celebrated as the most enlightened behavior in the world. They are somehow a little more noble than the rest of us. They can decide that they want to permanently 'identify' as the opposite sex, and woe unto the person who doesn't accept that. But a white person can't pretend to be a black person? Where does Rachel Dolezal fit in this picture?

I am SOOO confused.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:35 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:As someone pointed out on Facebook, the phenomenon seems to be limited to men. --Bob
Nope.

I really don't understand this, but I don't understand much of PC Culture. Biological men can pretend to be women and vice versa, and that's accepted and in the PC circles celebrated as the most enlightened behavior in the world. They are somehow a little more noble than the rest of us. They can decide that they want to permanently 'identify' as the opposite sex, and woe unto the person who doesn't accept that. But a white person can't pretend to be a black person? Where does Rachel Dolezal fit in this picture?

I am SOOO confused.
Historically, blackface has generally been used either to mock or caricature African Americans. That occurred with sufficient frequency that it's now the default assumption regarding the reason for its use.

Rachel Dolezal's sin was different. She claimed a commonality with the members of her organization that she didn't actually have, kind of like pretending to be a veteran in order to join a veterans' organization. It's wrong to do that, even though you don't intend to mock or caricature veterans. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:37 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I really don't understand this, but I don't understand much of PC Culture. Biological men can pretend to be women and vice versa, and that's accepted and in the PC circles celebrated as the most enlightened behavior in the world. They are somehow a little more noble than the rest of us. They can decide that they want to permanently 'identify' as the opposite sex, and woe unto the person who doesn't accept that. But a white person can't pretend to be a black person? Where does Rachel Dolezal fit in this picture?

I am SOOO confused.
It's very confusing. You can change your religion, nationality, and now even gender, and be accepted by your new group. But race is like a live wire that burns anybody who touches it. And as Elizabeth Warren found out, even a biological connection may not give you immunity.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#9 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Rachel Dolezal's sin was different. She claimed a commonality with the members of her organization that she didn't actually have, kind of like pretending to be a veteran in order to join a veterans' organization. It's wrong to do that, even though you don't intend to mock or caricature veterans. --Bob
So, Elizabeth Warren is the Rachel Dolezal of politics.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:50 pm

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I really don't understand this, but I don't understand much of PC Culture. Biological men can pretend to be women and vice versa, and that's accepted and in the PC circles celebrated as the most enlightened behavior in the world. They are somehow a little more noble than the rest of us. They can decide that they want to permanently 'identify' as the opposite sex, and woe unto the person who doesn't accept that. But a white person can't pretend to be a black person? Where does Rachel Dolezal fit in this picture?

I am SOOO confused.
It's very confusing. You can change your religion, nationality, and now even gender, and be accepted by your new group. But race is like a live wire that burns anybody who touches it. And as Elizabeth Warren found out, even a biological connection may not give you immunity.
I think the pc overlord, cultural appropiation thingie biting the hands of the original and subsequent sycophants feeding it is amusant. Tres amusant. Some French cultural appropriation sans accent.
edited to a t
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:05 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
snicker snort
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
In kind, arguably, but definitely not in degree. It's like the difference between (a) putting e-mails somewhere they might have been vulnerable (but were never actually hacked) and (b) actually disclosing the identity of an ally's human intelligence source to a hostile foreign government while that source is still in harm's way. One is bad judgment. The other is outright betrayal. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
In kind, arguably, but definitely not in degree. It's like the difference between (a) putting e-mails somewhere they might have been vulnerable (but were never actually hacked) and (b) actually disclosing the identity of an ally's human intelligence source to a hostile foreign government while that source is still in harm's way. One is bad judgment. The other is outright betrayal. --Bob
Bless yer spleen. U a funny man.
Well, then

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote: Bless yer spleen. U a funny man.

I disagree. When trying to be funny he uses a derogatory locker-room term for taking a girl's virginity, but then is "outraged" by similar language that when used by others could under some circumstances be demeaning to women.
Last edited by BackInTex on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: Bless yer spleen. U a funny man.

I disagree. When trying to be funny he uses a derogatory locker-room term for taking a girl's virginity, but then is "outraged" by similar language that when used by others could under some circumstances by demeaning to women.
Well there's that...
Well, then

kroxquo

#16 Post by kroxquo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 am

You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams