RIP John Dingell Jr.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

RIP John Dingell Jr.

#1 Post by jarnon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm

He was a Congressman from Michigan for 59 years. He died Thursday at age 92.

John Dingell Is Gone, but His Politics Are Back
Norm Ornstein wrote:Dingell has had a hand—a hugely constructive hand—in nearly every major advance in social policy over the past five-plus decades, including civil and voting rights, health, and the environment.
He succeeded his father John Sr. in Congress, and his wife Debbie (who's just 65) succeeded him. So Dingells have been in that seat for 85 years and counting.

After his retirement, he became a major presence on Twitter. If you're fed up with political posts on the Bored, read https://twitter.com/JohnDingell instead. Then remember that he was 92 years old.
Last edited by jarnon on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: RIP John Dingell Jr.

#2 Post by Vandal » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:47 pm

One of his tweets:
@JohnDingell

I signed up to fight Nazis 73 years ago and I'll do it again if I have to.

Hatred, bigotry, & fascism should have no place in this country.

12:58 PM - 12 Aug 2017
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:51 am

jarnon wrote:He was a Congressman from Michigan for 59 years. He died Thursday at age 92.

John Dingell Is Gone, but His Politics Are Back
Norm Ornstein wrote:Dingell has had a hand—a hugely constructive hand—in nearly every major advance in social policy over the past five-plus decades, including civil and voting rights, health, and the environment.
He succeeded his father John Sr. in Congress, and his wife Debbie (who's just 65) succeeded him. So Dingells have been in that seat for 85 years and counting.

After his retirement, he became a major presence on Twitter. If you're fed up with political posts on the Bored, read https://twitter.com/JohnDingell instead. Then remember that he was 92 years old.
Senility a bitch.

I'm editing my comment. I would delete but some may have already read it. It was in poor taste.

However, the twitter link is not much different than the Bob's thread's here, so not really a "escape" from this bored's politics.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 am

BackInTex wrote:Senility a bitch.

I'm editing my comment. I would delete but some may have already read it. It was in poor taste.

However, the twitter link is not much different than the Bob's thread's here, so not really a "escape" from this bored's politics.
You proved my point about the level of political discourse here. Dingell had a sharp wit without getting as nasty as many Twitter posters. If I live to 92 I’m sure I won’t be as competent. I barely am now.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:23 am

jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Senility a bitch.

You proved my point about the level of political discourse here. Dingell had a sharp wit without getting as nasty as many Twitter posters. If I live to 92 I’m sure I won’t be as competent. I barely am now.
I proved nothing. Just dismissing your recommendation for those "fed up with political posts on the Bored" when you link to this:
John Dingell

Verified account

@JohnDingell
Jan 24
More John Dingell Retweeted Jason Sparks
Crooks like Trump will steal a hot stove and come back for the smoke. There’s no bar too low.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson