Tom Seaver Diagnosed with Dementia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Tom Seaver Diagnosed with Dementia

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:38 pm

Bad news for another well liked celebrity today. This is the 50th Anniversary of the Miracle Mets 1969 World Series, and the Mets will commemorate it on June 29. They will still hold the event, although Seaver won't be there (I'm sure he'll get plenty of mention and affection though). Seaver is 74.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2617 ... d-dementia
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

Re: Tom Seaver Diagnosed with Dementia

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Tom and the Miracle Mets were my idols growing up. Godspeed Tom Terrific.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Tom and the Miracle Mets were my idols growing up. Godspeed Tom Terrific.
Wow. We actually have something in common.

This news is hitting me pretty hard. I guess I always thought of Tom Terrific as indestructible. Time takes its toll on us all. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Tom and the Miracle Mets were my idols growing up. Godspeed Tom Terrific.
Wow. We actually have something in common.
Me too. Loved to watch games at Shea or listen to them on my transistor.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:16 am

Off the top of my head
Tom Seaver
Jerry Koosman
Gary Gentry
Nolan Ryan
Jerry Grote
Ed Kranepool or Donn Clendenon?
Ken Boswell
Bud Harrelson
Ed Charles
Cleon Jones
Tommie Agee
Ron Swoboda
Tug McGraw
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Off the top of my head
Tom Seaver
Jerry Koosman
Gary Gentry
Nolan Ryan
Jerry Grote
Ed Kranepool or Donn Clendenon?
Ken Boswell
Bud Harrelson
Ed Charles
Cleon Jones
Tommie Agee
Ron Swoboda
Tug McGraw
Al Weis
Don Cardwell
Art Shamsky
Wayne Garrett
Ron Taylor
A very young Amos Otis
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 am

I loved Casey Stengal too. I was a Mets fan even when they stunk.

My favorite quote:
"See that fella over there? He's 20 years old. In 10 years, he's got a chance to be a star. Now that fella over there, he's 20 years old, too. In 10 years he's got a chance to be 30."