And so it begins.....

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: And so it begins.....

#201 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Whatever you say, Miss. If you’re unwilling to respect the pronouns chosen by the person being referred to, I’ll bear that in mind for our future exchanges. —Bob
I am a biological male who actually identifies as who I am. I prefer the pronoun 'most honorable sir' and if you don't honor my wishes on that you are a bigot.
I’m just applying the Golden Rule here. If you won’t respect this girl’s choice, I feel no obligation, ma’am, to respect yours. —Bob
As I've come to suspect, you ARE a ten year old child.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#202 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:30 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I am a male American citizen who has lived my life based on Martin Luthur King's ideals
Somehow, I doubt Martin Luther King would agree with you.
And you, polly, do nothing but judge people by the color of their skin.
And the content of your character is on constant display here on this bored. That is how I judge you.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#203 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:And the content of your character is on constant display here on this bored. That is how I judge you.
The content of your common sense is on constant display on this bored and is generally exceedingly lacking. That is how I judge you.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#204 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:And the content of your character is on constant display here on this bored. That is how I judge you.
The content of your common sense is on constant display on this bored and is generally exceedingly lacking. That is how I judge you.
Says the person who thinks of himself as the ultimate arbiter of morality and who believes he knows the thoughts and motives of everyone else.
What you don't take into account, polly, is that I know my own thoughts and motives, and when you get it wrong, which you almost always do, I have my judgement of your character confirmed.Does Dr. Tiperneni ring a bell?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#205 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:20 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:.Does Dr. Tiperneni ring a bell?
Yes, you were wrong then and you're wrong now. You asked me to drop that thread and I did, but now you want to bring it up again. That's par for the course for someone whose wit extends only as far as calling Bob and me what you think are hurtful names.

That's the thing about unconscious bias... you're not aware of it. And it doesn't matter how many relatives or in-laws you have, you can still be biased.

You do have your thoughts and motives, and I can usually do about one minute of research to find one of the right-wing sites that supplied them to you.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#206 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I am a biological male who actually identifies as who I am. I prefer the pronoun 'most honorable sir' and if you don't honor my wishes on that you are a bigot.
I’m just applying the Golden Rule here. If you won’t respect this girl’s choice, I feel no obligation, ma’am, to respect yours. —Bob
I guess you represent the illiteratti. I have not at one time referred to the person in question as anything but 'the child'. You are a self righteous bigot. You know as much about the situation as I do. Which in both our cases is next to nothing. My only contribution to this discussion was my opinion that surgery on a healthy child is wrong, which I believe it is. Everything else I've stated is fact. Yet you elevate your opinions to the level of religious conviction.
I know introspection is tough, but you need to examine your way over the top sactimoniousness.
Upon reflection, you yourself do not appear to have used male pronouns to refer to her. That means my application of the Golden Rule in your case was not proportional.

But you're certainly defending the use by others of male pronouns to refer to her. I'll grant that there's a difference, but not much of one. It's the difference between using the "n" word yourself and defending others for using it.

Perhaps if you actually knew some of the people affected by these hurtful actions you wouldn't be so cavalier about defending them. Maybe you'd even have a little empathy, a quality clearly in short supply among many participants in this thread.

As for introspection, try asking yourself why you think you know better than the girl's mother, her guardian ad litem, the judge, and the treating physician, all of whom know the girl, what's best for the girl. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#207 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I’m just applying the Golden Rule here. If you won’t respect this girl’s choice, I feel no obligation, ma’am, to respect yours. —Bob
I guess you represent the illiteratti. I have not at one time referred to the person in question as anything but 'the child'. You are a self righteous bigot. You know as much about the situation as I do. Which in both our cases is next to nothing. My only contribution to this discussion was my opinion that surgery on a healthy child is wrong, which I believe it is. Everything else I've stated is fact. Yet you elevate your opinions to the level of religious conviction.
I know introspection is tough, but you need to examine your way over the top sactimoniousness.
Upon reflection, you yourself do not appear to have used male pronouns to refer to her. That means my application of the Golden Rule in your case was not proportional.

But you're certainly defending the use by others of male pronouns to refer to her. I'll grant that there's a difference, but not much of one. It's the difference between using the "n" word yourself and defending others for using it.

Perhaps if you actually knew some of the people affected by these hurtful actions you wouldn't be so cavalier about defending them. Maybe you'd even have a little empathy, a quality clearly in short supply among many participants in this thread.

As for introspection, try asking yourself why you think you know better than the girl's mother, her guardian ad litem, the judge, and the treating physician, all of whom know the girl, what's best for the girl. --Bob
I will continue to have hope for you, but it seems it will be in vain.
https://arbingerinstitute.com/BlogDetail?id=112

The feeling that overwhelms us is, “if only they understood.” If only they understood how much we care, how open we are, and how our ideas would help, they would see things our way. But here’s the rub: While it’s true that your opponents don’t understand the problem in all its subtlety and complexity, neither do you.

flockofseagulls104

#208 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:06 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:.Does Dr. Tiperneni ring a bell?
Yes, you were wrong then and you're wrong now. You asked me to drop that thread and I did, but now you want to bring it up again. That's par for the course for someone whose wit extends only as far as calling Bob and me what you think are hurtful names.

That's the thing about unconscious bias... you're not aware of it. And it doesn't matter how many relatives or in-laws you have, you can still be biased.

You do have your thoughts and motives, and I can usually do about one minute of research to find one of the right-wing sites that supplied them to you.
I want an apology for your implying that there was even a smidgen of racism in what I did. I do not accept or subscribe to the unconscious bias construct. You are so sanctimoniously standing up for the he or she pronoun issue, yet you hurl around epithets like baseballs at someone like me, who you don't agree with. I was and am offended by what you did, and I asked you to do more than what you did, and you refused to do it. You, polly, do NOT get to call me or even imply I am a racist. I want a public apology and for you to admit you were wrong. Then I will hold up my end. Same goes for bob-tel.

silverscreenselect

#209 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:24 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I want a public apology and for you to admit you were wrong.
And I want to win the lottery. Guess which one of us will have a longer wait.

BackInTex

#210 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:34 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I want a public apology and for you to admit you were wrong.
It had better be you or you'll be brought up on suspicion of fraud (given your current employer). ;)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#211 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:56 pm

BackInTex wrote:
It had better be you or you'll be brought up on suspicion of fraud (given your current employer). ;)
There are other lotteries. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#212 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 pm

Just more confirmation.You may think you're right. I know you're wrong.

silverscreenselect

#213 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:25 pm

BackInTex wrote:
I will retire one of these days....

Spock

#214 Post by Spock » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Congratulations to Mary Gregory for completely rendering powerlifting a moot sport, and a complete waste of time, for XX females. 4 World records-Cool, I guess.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trans-woma ... ing-field/

>>>On Sunday, a biological man who identifies as a woman took the Masters world records for women's squat, women's bench press, and women's deadlift.<<<

>>>"What a day, 9 for 9! Masters world squat record, open world bench record, masters world dl record, and masters world total record!" Mary Gregory posted on Instagram. <<<<

Vandal
Director of Promos

#215 Post by Vandal » Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 am

On a similar note:

Caster Semenya loses appeal in controversial case over IAAF's testosterone rules
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Caster Semenya lost her appeal Wednesday against rules designed to decrease naturally high testosterone levels in some female runners.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport's panel of three judges gave a complex verdict and "dismissed both requests for arbitration" from Semenya and the governing body of track and field.

In a landmark judgment, the court said the IAAF's proposed rules on athletes with "differences of sex development (DSD)" are discriminatory but should be applied.

The judges ruled 2-1 that "on the basis of the evidence submitted by the parties, such discrimination is a necessary, reasonable and proportionate means of achieving the IAAF's aim of preserving the integrity of female athletics in the Restricted Events."

Semenya, a two-time Olympic champion in the 800 meters, will now be forced to medicate to suppress her testosterone levels if she wants to defend her world title in September in Doha, Qatar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/o ... 637472002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

flockofseagulls104

#216 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Just more idiocy from the masters of idiocy: The radical left. JMO. I'd be interested in the views of our resident masters.

jarnon

#217 Post by jarnon » Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Just more idiocy from the masters of idiocy: The radical left. JMO. I'd be interested in the views of our resident masters.
Caster, a natural-born woman, has beaten all challengers with nothing but her God-given talent. The IAAF says she has to suppress her testosterone. They acknowledge that's unfair to her, but they want to level the playing field. I take it you disagree. But why blame it on the radical left?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#218 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pm

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Just more idiocy from the masters of idiocy: The radical left. JMO. I'd be interested in the views of our resident masters.
Caster, a natural-born woman, has beaten all challengers with nothing but her God-given talent. The IAAF says she has to suppress her testosterone. They acknowledge that's unfair to her, but they want to level the playing field. I take it you disagree. But why blame it on the radical left?
Those East German Olympic athletes in the 1980s beat other women with nothing but their God-given talent … and some help from medical science. I wouldn't be so quick to say that this woman hasn't had any help in that regard either.

silverscreenselect

#219 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Flock, any time you want to see a master of idiocy, all you need to do is look in the mirror.

flockofseagulls104

#220 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:05 pm

My right-wing strawman, any time you want to see a master of idiocy, all you need to do is look in the mirror.
Fixed it for you.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#221 Post by Vandal » Thu May 02, 2019 10:41 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Vandal
Director of Promos

#222 Post by Vandal » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Spoiler
South African star Caster Semenya is cleared to compete in any distance she chooses after a Swiss Court suspended the IAAF ruling that prevented her from racing the 800m.

http://www.flotrack.com
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

BackInTex

#223 Post by BackInTex » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Way behind on keeping everyone updated:

Male NCAA Runner Named Conference Female Athlete Of The Week
The Big Sky Conference named University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, the cross-country female athlete of the week.

“June Eastwood finished second in a field of 204 runners at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational,” helping “Montana place seventh as a team,” the conference noted in its announcement Tuesday. Eastwood previously competed on the University of Montana’s men’s team.
From a previous article reporting that the adult male would compete against women.
Eastwood’s personal bests as a male runner would shatter records in the women’s category, Running blog LetsRun noted.
And of course this from earlier this week
Male Wins Women’s Cycling World Championship
Biologically male cyclist Rachel McKinnon won a women’s world championship Saturday.

McKinnon, representing Canada, won gold for the sprint event in the women’s 35-39 age category at the 2019 Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Manchester, England.
Anyone who remotely thinks this this is fair, thinks this is right, is in my opinion, batshit crazy.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#224 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:09 pm

BackInTex wrote:Way behind on keeping everyone updated:

Male NCAA Runner Named Conference Female Athlete Of The Week
The Big Sky Conference named University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, the cross-country female athlete of the week.

“June Eastwood finished second in a field of 204 runners at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational,” helping “Montana place seventh as a team,” the conference noted in its announcement Tuesday. Eastwood previously competed on the University of Montana’s men’s team.
From a previous article reporting that the adult male would compete against women.
Eastwood’s personal bests as a male runner would shatter records in the women’s category, Running blog LetsRun noted.
And of course this from earlier this week
Male Wins Women’s Cycling World Championship
Biologically male cyclist Rachel McKinnon won a women’s world championship Saturday.

McKinnon, representing Canada, won gold for the sprint event in the women’s 35-39 age category at the 2019 Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Manchester, England.
Anyone who remotely thinks this this is fair, thinks this is right, is in my opinion, batshit crazy.
I really don’t care about the athletics aspect of this. But anyone ho demonstrates such deliberate disrespect for these women’s gender identity is, in my opinion, hopelessly bigoted.

They’re women. I don’t know whether and under what circumstances they should be entitled to compete, but they are absolutely entitled to be referred to as women. —Bob

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#225 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:14 pm

As a former competitive runner (and jumper) in junior high school and again, much later, as a masters woman, this all makes me very sad. As the insanity spreads to other sports, we will see the end of women's athletic competitions, period. This infuriates me.

I will treasure the medals I still have. My granddaughter may be amazed to learn that such objects ever existed.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.