ABC TV fall schedule

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

ABC TV fall schedule

#1 Post by jarnon » Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 am

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and American Idol will be back later. So will, I presume, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.
Last edited by jarnon on Tue May 14, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

Re: ABC TV fall schedule

#2 Post by jarnon » Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 am

Minnie Driver wrote:Well now listen. Speechless has been cancelled and it feels rather sad. However, I truly believe we have left this conversation about family, disability and love in a better place than we found it. I love all the people I worked with on it, and all of you who loved our show too x
jarnon wrote:"Speechless" is the only sitcom I watch. I'll miss it but that was a natural place to end. (BTW I'm a fan of yours since "Circle of Friends" and of John Cleese even longer.)
(I included my reply, not because it's noteworthy, but because Minnie liked it. That never happens to me.)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 am

Some extra detail:

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS - An update of the old Art Linkletter segment, hosted by Tiffany Haddish.

MIXED-ISH - A spinoff of Black-ish starring Rainbow Johnson about growing up in a biracial family in the 1980s

EMERGENCE - A long form mystery about a police chief (Allison Tolman) who takes in an amnesiac child near the site of a mysterious accident and finds out the girl is a key to a vast conspiracy.

STUMPTOWN - Cobie Smulders as an army vet turned PI with a gambling problem and an invalid brother in her care.

The Fix (which is wrapping up its season-long case this week), Whiskey Cavalier, Speechless, Splitting Up Together and For the People have been cancelled. Agents of Shield (whose current season started just last week) and Station 19 will be back for another season in 2020.

Good news about The Rookie, which had been on the fence, as was How to Get Away with Murder.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 14, 2019 10:02 am

jarnon wrote:
Minnie Driver wrote:Well now listen. Speechless has been cancelled and it feels rather sad. However, I truly believe we have left this conversation about family, disability and love in a better place than we found it. I love all the people I worked with on it, and all of you who loved our show too x
jarnon wrote:"Speechless" is the only sitcom I watch. I'll miss it but that was a natural place to end. (BTW I'm a fan of yours since "Circle of Friends" and of John Cleese even longer.)
(I included my reply, not because it's noteworthy, but because Minnie liked it. That never happens to me.)
Several years ago, Minnie Driver filmed a pilot for a series that never aired in which she played a housewife turned detective. They filmed one scene at a high school football stadium, supposedly during a game, and, in one scene, Minnie was sitting in the bleachers carrying on a conversation with another actress sitting next to her. Our daughter was an extra for the show and was sitting on the other side of Minnie. So, if the pilot ever aired, we could have seen our daughter in some of the shots. Alas, it wasn't picked up and never aired.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Some extra detail:

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS - An update of the old Art Linkletter segment, hosted by Tiffany Haddish.

MIXED-ISH - A spinoff of Black-ish starring Rainbow Johnson about growing up in a biracial family in the 1980s

EMERGENCE - A long form mystery about a police chief (Allison Tolman) who takes in an amnesiac child near the site of a mysterious accident and finds out the girl is a key to a vast conspiracy.

STUMPTOWN - Cobie Smulders as an army vet turned PI with a gambling problem and an invalid brother in her care.

The Fix (which is wrapping up its season-long case this week), Whiskey Cavalier, Speechless, Splitting Up Together and For the People have been cancelled. Agents of Shield (whose current season started just last week) and Station 19 will be back for another season in 2020.

Good news about The Rookie, which had been on the fence, as was How to Get Away with Murder.
Emergence looks like it could be interesting and Cobie Smulders could make her vehicle interesting as well. But I'm becoming surprised by how few network shows are left that I'm particularly interested in. Most of my network time now goes to the CW. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:07 am

Other than Agents of SHIELD returning in 2020, ABC will not have my eyeballs in attendance for ANYTHING on this schedule.

the CW, with all the superhero shows, will get the majority of my attention. Well, at least it will give me a chance to whittle down some of my Netflix queue.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:Other than Agents of SHIELD returning in 2020, ABC will not have my eyeballs in attendance for ANYTHING on this schedule.

the CW, with all the superhero shows, will get the majority of my attention. Well, at least it will give me a chance to whittle down some of my Netflix queue.
I do enjoy The Conners. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson