RIP Millionaire...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Re: RIP Millionaire...

#26 Post by Spock » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm

lilclyde54 wrote:Really sorry to see this. Even thought they never thought I was what they wanted in a contestant (despite passing all three audition tests I went to), this was the show that made me WANT to be a contestant. Without WWTBAM and this board I probably wouldn't have driven those three hours to give a WOF audition a whirl. That audition is what got me on a nationally televised game show so I owe a lot to the prime time BAM. I also would have never been to New York City had The Baboo not had that magic stuff that those 20 something staffers were looking for back in the day. All in all, I feel like prime time BAM was a big factor in The Baboo and I going from Coast to Coast courtesy of game shows. Thanks for the memories.
I can thank Millionaire for opening up the world of movies for me. Early on, I decided I better see The Godfather and things snowballed from there.

Plus I got to meet various Bored peeps along the way.

danielh41

#27 Post by danielh41 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:57 am

lilclyde54 wrote:Really sorry to see this. Even thought they never thought I was what they wanted in a contestant (despite passing all three audition tests I went to), this was the show that made me WANT to be a contestant. Without WWTBAM and this board I probably wouldn't have driven those three hours to give a WOF audition a whirl. That audition is what got me on a nationally televised game show so I owe a lot to the prime time BAM. I also would have never been to New York City had The Baboo not had that magic stuff that those 20 something staffers were looking for back in the day. All in all, I feel like prime time BAM was a big factor in The Baboo and I going from Coast to Coast courtesy of game shows. Thanks for the memories.
Even though I hadn't watched the show in years, I am sorry to see it canceled. I had, of course, hoped for a 20th anniversary special on primetime, and I thought the syndicated version might stop that from happening.

I was looking back at my Facebook photos the other day, and I came across this picture of many of us waiting to get into one of the 10th anniversary tapings: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

It's hard to believe that that was 10 years ago. It is also hard to believe that my own Millionaire appearance was 18 years ago now. Time really does fly...

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:22 pm

danielh41 wrote:
Even though I hadn't watched the show in years, I am sorry to see it canceled. I had, of course, hoped for a 20th anniversary special on primetime, and I thought the syndicated version might stop that from happening.

I was looking back at my Facebook photos the other day, and I came across this picture of many of us waiting to get into one of the 10th anniversary tapings: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

It's hard to believe that that was 10 years ago. It is also hard to believe that my own Millionaire appearance was 18 years ago now. Time really does fly...
Some familiar faces there! Going on 15 years since my time in the seat. Unfathomable.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Jeemie

#29 Post by Jeemie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 am

I just can't believe the show premiered 20 years ago in August.

I remember playing my first few phone games from a pay phone on campus where I was getting my MBA.

Imagine that- the show premiered when pay phones were still a thing.
1979 City of Champions 2009