Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#401 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
sss, you working for aoc?

https://forward.com/fast-forward/426300 ... arn-about/
Here's someone who has a bit more first hand knowledge on this matter than either you or I.
George Takei wrote:I know what concentration camps are. I was inside two of them, in America. And yes, we are operating such camps again
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-tak ... n-america/
https://forward.com/fast-forward/426300 ... arn-about/
I know you were vocal back then, right?
https://pjmedia.com/trending/obama-buil ... ice-chief/
Well, then

BackInTex

#402 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Sorry for having to add the qualifiers, but I needed to, otherwise some folks may not be clear on what we are talking about.
SSS wrote:it's a good idea not to have tens of thousands of people [who should not even be here] walking among us who are at risk for catching and transmitting all sorts of diseases.[So I'm for providing them medical care at my expense]
Bob wrote:it's a really bad idea to create a public policy that encourages more communicable diseases among our neighbors [who are here illegally]. I want my neighbors [who shouldn't be here in the first place] getting their shots. If they get sick, I want them able to get treatment. Not just because it's the right thing to do as a human being (although it is). But because I don't want them to make me sick. --Bob
Hmm......

How do you prevent someone from walking into your house and raping you?

Bob and SSS: Have consensual sex.

Me: Lock the door.

I guess both work. I kind of like my solution better.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#403 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:23 pm

BackInTex wrote:Sorry for having to add the qualifiers, but I needed to, otherwise some folks may not be clear on what we are talking about.
SSS wrote:it's a good idea not to have tens of thousands of people [who should not even be here] walking among us who are at risk for catching and transmitting all sorts of diseases.[So I'm for providing them medical care at my expense]
Bob wrote:it's a really bad idea to create a public policy that encourages more communicable diseases among our neighbors [who are here illegally]. I want my neighbors [who shouldn't be here in the first place] getting their shots. If they get sick, I want them able to get treatment. Not just because it's the right thing to do as a human being (although it is). But because I don't want them to make me sick. --Bob
Hmm......

How do you prevent someone from walking into your house and raping you?

Bob and SSS: Have consensual sex.

Me: Lock the door.

I guess both work. I kind of like my solution better.
And this is exactly what's wrong with today's Republican Party. This attitude -- that our neighbors "shouldn't be here in the first place" -- is prevalent among the Republican Party, even though its proponents can't articulate a reason they shouldn't be there other than "It's against the rules." As far as I'm concerned, most of these people are welcome here, and aren't people who shouldn't be here. With occasional exceptions (much more occasional than you'd find among citizens), they're not trying to rape anyone. They just want to live their lives like the rest of us. And by living their lives they're making my life better in a number of ways.

You don't just want to lock your door. You want to build a wall with armed guards around the entire neighborhood. I live in this neighborhood too, and that's not how I want to live my life. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#404 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:37 pm

BackInTex wrote: How do you prevent someone from walking into your house and raping you?
How do you prevent a future President of the United States from raping you?

You can't because he'll claim you're not his type and his supporters will believe him.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#405 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:And this is exactly what's wrong with today's Republican Party. This attitude -- that our neighbors "shouldn't be here in the first place" -
I didn't say our neighbors shouldn't be here. I said our neighbors that shouldn't be here shouldn't be here. There's a difference.

The Republican Party doesn't not want immigration. It wants controlled immigration.

What's wrong with the Democratic Party is they seem to care more for non-citizens than they do for citizens. Our government's, heck, any government's, responsibility is to its citizens, not other governments' citizens. It is unfortunate that people who can't understand that concept are being elected by people who want the government to provide them things and the fools who think "Nothing limited about the resources".
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#406 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And this is exactly what's wrong with today's Republican Party. This attitude -- that our neighbors "shouldn't be here in the first place" -
I didn't say our neighbors shouldn't be here. I said our neighbors that shouldn't be here shouldn't be here. There's a difference.

The Republican Party doesn't not want immigration. It wants controlled immigration.

What's wrong with the Democratic Party is they seem to care more for non-citizens than they do for citizens. Our government's, heck, any government's, responsibility is to its citizens, not other governments' citizens. It is unfortunate that people who can't understand that concept are being elected by people who want the government to provide them things and the fools who think "Nothing limited about the resources".
By "controlled immigraton" a whole lot of Republicans mean "no brown skinned ones". Trump even indicated his desires for that.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#407 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Donald J. Trump wrote:After some very important meetings, including my meeting with President Xi of China, I will be leaving Japan for South Korea (with President Moon). While there, if Chairman Kim of North Korea sees this, I would meet him at the Border/DMZ just to shake his hand and say Hello(?)!
This tweet is so bizarre that I expect snopes.com will be asked if it's real. It is.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#408 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:28 am

jarnon wrote:
Donald J. Trump wrote:After some very important meetings, including my meeting with President Xi of China, I will be leaving Japan for South Korea (with President Moon). While there, if Chairman Kim of North Korea sees this, I would meet him at the Border/DMZ just to shake his hand and say Hello(?)!
This tweet is so bizarre that I expect snopes.com will be asked if it's real. It is.
I don't see anything so bizarre (given the author's usual style).
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#409 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am

Bob Juch wrote:By "controlled immigraton" a whole lot of Republicans mean "no brown skinned ones". Trump even indicated his desires for that.
No they don't, and no he didn't.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#410 Post by jarnon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:03 am

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
I don't see anything so bizarre (given the author's usual style).
It reminds me of teenagers setting up a date. But you're right; Trump does communicate via Twitter with North Korea, Iran, etc. and they respond, so I guess that's diplomacy in the 21st century.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#411 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:48 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:By "controlled immigraton" a whole lot of Republicans mean "no brown skinned ones". Trump even indicated his desires for that.
I guess Trump meant he would be glad to welcome all the brown-skinned Norwegians.

BackInTex

#412 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:13 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
I guess Trump meant he would be glad to welcome all the brown-skinned Norwegians.
Is there a particular quote you are referring to? If so, please link to it so we all can see how well you are translating for us.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#413 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:27 pm

BackInTex wrote: Is there a particular quote you are referring to? If so, please link to it so we all can see how well you are translating for us.
Donald Trump wrote:Why do we want these people from all these shithole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway.
https://www.vox.com/2018/1/11/16880750/ ... ies-norway

Bob Juch

#414 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:54 am

Trump's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#415 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Trump's but a walking shadow, a poor player
Signifying nothing.
Did you write that?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#416 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:36 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Signifying nothing.
Did you write that?
Nope, some guy named Billy Shakespeare did. I just changed the first word.

BackInTex

#417 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Signifying nothing.
Did you write that?
Nope, some guy named Billy Shakespeare did. I just changed the first word.
Very original. I find posts on Facebook from Oct 2016 doing the same thing.

Ole Bob "cut & paste" Juch. Yesiree, not an original thought to be had, though he tries to make us think it's so. It's so sad.

That's not Shakespeare. It's mine. An original.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#418 Post by jarnon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 am

Pres.Trump wrote:We’re going to have some tanks stationed outside. You’ve got to be pretty careful with the tanks because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks. So we have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks.
He must still have D-Day on his mind. Sherman tanks were manufactured from 1942 to 1945.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#419 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:09 am

Bob78164 wrote:It's in banana republics where the legislature cares more about partisan power than it does about the good of the country. Justin Amash understands that, but he appears to be the only Republican member of Congress who does, or at least who is willing to act on that understanding. --Bob
Amash has doubled down.
Justin Amash wrote:Today, I'm declaring my independence.
Appropriate for July 4. In his explanation, he doesn't mention (as I expected) how uncomfortable a Palestinian-American feels in today's GOP. Instead he quotes Washington (again appropriate) on the dangers of partisan politics and criticizes both sides for putting party ahead of country.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#420 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:20 am

jarnon wrote: Amash has doubled down.
Justin Amash wrote:Today, I'm declaring my independence.
Appropriate for July 4. In his explanation, he doesn't mention (as I expected) how uncomfortable a Palestinian-American feels in today's GOP. Instead he quotes Washington (again appropriate) on the dangers of partisan politics and criticizes both sides for putting party ahead of country.
Donald Trump wrote:Great news for the Republican Party as one of the dumbest & most disloyal men in Congress is “quitting” the Party. No Collusion, No Obstruction! Knew he couldn’t get the nomination to run again in the Great State of Michigan. Already being challenged for his seat. A total loser!
Actually, this is good news for the Democrats in the short run. If Amash runs for re-election as an independent, he's likely to split the vote in this red district with the Republican nominee, making it easier for Democrats to take the seat in 2020.

Bob Juch

#421 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:18 am

silverscreenselect

#422 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:36 am

It was Washington's bold trip across the tarmac to capture the Philadelphia Airport that turned the tide of the Revolutionary War.

Bob Juch

#423 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 am

silverscreenselect wrote:It was Washington's bold trip across the tarmac to capture the Philadelphia Airport that turned the tide of the Revolutionary War.
That, and the Army manning the air over Fort McHenry.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#424 Post by Vandal » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 am

Tweeted:
Great news for the Republican Party as one of the dumbest & most disloyal men in Congress is “quitting” the Party. No Collusion, No Obstruction! Knew he couldn’t get the nomination to run again in the Great State of Michigan. Already being challenged for his seat. A total loser!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#425 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 am

Vandal wrote:Tweeted:
Great news for the Republican Party as one of the dumbest & most disloyal men in Congress is “quitting” the Party. No Collusion, No Obstruction! Knew he couldn’t get the nomination to run again in the Great State of Michigan. Already being challenged for his seat. A total loser!
Old news; check back about three posts in this thread.