WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Atlanta, GA
I think the 1960s definition is more accurate than the 1984 newspeak definition from the ministry of truth, you prole.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16881
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think the 1960s definition is more accurate than the 1984 newspeak definition from the ministry of truth, you prole.


You would. It allows you to discriminate all you want and take comfort in the thought that you're not a racist. A lot of people in the South in the 1960s felt the same way.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think the 1960s definition is more accurate than the 1984 newspeak definition from the ministry of truth, you prole.


You would. It allows you to discriminate all you want and take comfort in the thought that you're not a racist. A lot of people in the South in the 1960s felt the same way.

You have yet to show the bored just ONE instance where I have discriminated against anyone all I wanted. Please refrain from any more accusations, hyperbole or bat phone references before you can do that.

As I have suggested many times in the past, you could use some introspection.

I looked at your 'explanation' for the post that many have found very objectionable. So it was only a joke gone bad? Do some introspection on that. You expect people to let you off the hook when you used specific words, that if I had posted them, you would use as the first example for the 'One Thing'. Yet you refuse to apologize for slandering me and my family based on a joke I made in which I made no reference to and that had nothing to do with Dr. Tiperneri's name. Oh, I did it subconsciously, right? Well, tell me what was going on in your subconscious when you posted your words? Could it be YOUR subconscious sees 'racism' where there isn't any? What's wrong with this picture?

If you can't find any examples of the one thing, which I know you can't, at least answer this question: Are you a racist, SSS? Apparently I am one based on your newspeak definition, since I am a 'white' man. So what is it that makes you different than me?

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22584
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Flock, you claim to be not racist or discriminating against anyone but you joyously changed your profile photo to Bill the Butcher from The Gangs of New York, who was an outspoken xenophobe. Perhaps you should change it to Gandhi.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10796
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
Flock, you claim to be not racist or discriminating against anyone but you joyously changed your profile photo to Bill the Butcher from The Gangs of New York, who was an outspoken xenophobe. Perhaps you should change it to Gandhi.


Joyously? I think not.

That racist Leonardo DiCaprio joyously accepted millions to play Calvin Candie, though. Flock, not so much.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob Juch wrote:
Flock, you claim to be not racist or discriminating against anyone but you joyously changed your profile photo to Bill the Butcher from The Gangs of New York, who was an outspoken xenophobe. Perhaps you should change it to Gandhi.

If you recall, I got it from you. You graciously and with no malice said it reminded you of me, a very nice compliment from someone who knows absolutely nothing about me. So I adopted it to commemorate your friendly gesture.
In fact it is a picture of Daniel Day Lewis, if I recall. Are you suggesting the Mr. Lewis is a xenophobe? I don't know his political persuasion, but if he happens to be conservative, I am pretty sure you would be.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16881
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
You have yet to show the bored just ONE instance where I have discriminated against anyone all I wanted.


Since I don't have the time or inclination to go through all your posts, let's take the easy one... the joke about the candidate's name. And your continued insistence that there couldn't possibly be any racial connotations involved in it because you certainly don't believe you're superior to someone from India.

My statement was wrong; I admitted it. In pulling the thread back up, I see how it could be taken the wrong way. And it may have reflected a bias on my part that I wasn't aware of when I posted it. That's the entire point of the articles I posted... there is bias that white people often aren't aware of until it's pointed out. Some acknowledge it and try to improve; others scream that they personally couldn't be biased because they've got a daughter-in-law from India. And you blithely accept all of Donald Trump's explanations and claim he couldn't possibly be biased either.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
You have yet to show the bored just ONE instance where I have discriminated against anyone all I wanted.


Since I don't have the time or inclination to go through all your posts, let's take the easy one... the joke about the candidate's name. And your continued insistence that there couldn't possibly be any racial connotations involved in it because you certainly don't believe you're superior to someone from India.

My statement was wrong; I admitted it. In pulling the thread back up, I see how it could be taken the wrong way. And it may have reflected a bias on my part that I wasn't aware of when I posted it. That's the entire point of the articles I posted... there is bias that white people often aren't aware of until it's pointed out. Some acknowledge it and try to improve; others scream that they personally couldn't be biased because they've got a daughter-in-law from India. And you blithely accept all of Donald Trump's explanations and claim he couldn't possibly be biased either.

This strikes me as very convoluted.
I will tell you once again. The post I made about running candidates with names like I. Hatetrump had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Dr Tiperneni's name, consciously or subconsciously. Either you accept that as truth or call me a liar right now.
You say you admit you were wrong because of unconscious bias. Are you saying you had microagressions against ME? I am 'white'! How can that be?
My point is that this whole subconscious bias thing is a political construct. And that by definition it is an affliction limited to white people is the proof. No other ethnic group is afflicted with this construct? That by itself seems racist to me.
So, you have all but conceded that I have not made any 'racist' statements on this bored. But there have been several times you have made implications about my feelings towards 'brown skinned' people and you have made implications about my sympathies towards the KKK and white supremicist groups in general. I am confounded and offended how you can make these accusations or implications based on what little you know about me, and my knowing how false and unfounded these implications are. The old 'beat your wife' meme.

I will accept your convoluted apology. But I still think you need more introspection. Especially considering your trump tagline to your post. Could you be doing to trump the same thing you do to me?

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16881
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
My point is that this whole subconscious bias thing is a political construct.


Let's put this in terms even you might understand. You play poker. You understand what a "tell" is. Do you believe a poker player really believes that it's a good idea to announce he's got a good hand by fiddling with his chips or scratching his ear or whatever his particular tell is? And if a lot of poker players do this even when they're playing for serious money, you think other people don't have similar subconscious actions? Or perhaps you are the only one who's immune to this?

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
My point is that this whole subconscious bias thing is a political construct.


Let's put this in terms even you might understand. You play poker. You understand what a "tell" is. Do you believe a poker player really believes that it's a good idea to announce he's got a good hand by fiddling with his chips or scratching his ear or whatever his particular tell is? And if a lot of poker players do this even when they're playing for serious money, you think other people don't have similar subconscious actions? Or perhaps you are the only one who's immune to this?


You are not getting it, SSS. I ask a lot of questions about this. I hear it, but I don't automatically buy it just because there are so-called experts that tell me it's true. So-called experts at the turn of the 20th century were convinced that eugenics was the way of the future. Woodrow Wilson, for one. That led to Hitler, WWII and yes, SSS, Planned Parenthood.

Just to be clear, I am not connecting you with eugenics. It is history. It is something we can learn from. But it is something that we condemn today. Just as slavery is to me. I have never owned a slave, don't know anyone who has ever owned a slave, and as far as I know, no one in my family for over a hundred years owned a slave. It is also possible that sometime in the distant past, one of my ancestors was held in slavery by the Romans or Greeks or whatever. So the fuck what? It is history and has nothing whatsoever about how I live my life or view other people. I am prejudiced because of my upbringing? I grew up and came to maturity in the 1960's, and I was enmeshed in the hippie peace not war, civil rights era. I idolized Martin Luther King and was very much aware and subscribed to equal rights for all. I was never involved, attracted to or participated in stuff like 'colored only' water fountains or anything like that. That was never ingrained in me, except it signified ignorance and hatred. I just try to live my life the best I can and get along as well as I can with the people I meet and work with, whatever color, sex, creed or whatever they happen to be. I assume that is the case with you, as well. We may have differing political beliefs, but let's agree on that as a basis.

Some of my questions about your (and the left's) contentions: If everyone has this tendency, why is the construct of, say, microaggressions, or any of the other similar constructs that have emerged over recent years, targeted to 'white' people and 'racism' and 'homophobia' and whatever the new target is? Can Black people have microaggressions? Does Al Sharpton have subconscious prejudices against 'white' people that influence his actions and words? Why do I not have microagressions towards Japanese people? Or to Norwegians? Only Black people? Why did you just admit, (I assume) you had subconscious thoughts that resulted in inappropriate comments towards me? There is a lot of violence in the Middle East between factions of the same religion. Do Shiite Muslims have microaggressions against Sunni Muslims and vice versa? I'm sure we can agree there are SOME (not by any means ALL) 'black' people who harbor resentment against 'white' people. Do those 'black' people exude microaggressions when they interact with 'white' people? Why does that not seem to be a concern for those who promote this construct? Is there such a thing as a 'white' person who does not exude microaggressions toward 'black' people, or is it all of us?

Why is this construct ONLY applied to 'white' people in America against 'black' people in America? If it truly exists, doesn't everyone have it?

My conclusion: While it may be somewhat true, it is applied to 'white' people because it is a useful political tool to advance political objectives. Why do I believe that? Because that is the only context it is being used for.

PS - Since we're on the subject of correcting your misjudgements: If you think I get my ideas from Hannity, you don't listen to him at all. He would never get this deep into any subject. I don't think he's capable of it. You have been wrong about that, too, from the beginning.

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself.


Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16881
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
If everyone has this tendency, why is the construct of, say, microaggressions, or any of the other similar constructs that have emerged over recent years, targeted to 'white' people and 'racism' and 'homophobia' and whatever the new target is?


Yes, everyone suffers from bias. The difference is that, historically in America and other parts of the world, only white people were in a position to something about it. That's how he got colored water fountains in the first place. And today, to a large extent, white society and culture, in government and business, makes the rules and decisions. And when it's pointed out statistically and objectively, in criminal dispositions and hiring practices and lending practices, they refuse to believe it because "I'm not a racist."

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
If everyone has this tendency, why is the construct of, say, microaggressions, or any of the other similar constructs that have emerged over recent years, targeted to 'white' people and 'racism' and 'homophobia' and whatever the new target is?


Yes, everyone suffers from bias. The difference is that, historically in America and other parts of the world, only white people were in a position to something about it. That's how he got colored water fountains in the first place. And today, to a large extent, white society and culture, in government and business, makes the rules and decisions.

What exactly is 'white' society? What would an alternative society be? What would be different?

_________________
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BackInTex, silvercamaro and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.