And so it begins.....

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: And so it begins.....

#226 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Way behind on keeping everyone updated:

Male NCAA Runner Named Conference Female Athlete Of The Week
The Big Sky Conference named University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, the cross-country female athlete of the week.

“June Eastwood finished second in a field of 204 runners at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational,” helping “Montana place seventh as a team,” the conference noted in its announcement Tuesday. Eastwood previously competed on the University of Montana’s men’s team.
From a previous article reporting that the adult male would compete against women.
Eastwood’s personal bests as a male runner would shatter records in the women’s category, Running blog LetsRun noted.
And of course this from earlier this week
Male Wins Women’s Cycling World Championship
Biologically male cyclist Rachel McKinnon won a women’s world championship Saturday.

McKinnon, representing Canada, won gold for the sprint event in the women’s 35-39 age category at the 2019 Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Manchester, England.
Anyone who remotely thinks this this is fair, thinks this is right, is in my opinion, batshit crazy.
I really don’t care about the athletics aspect of this. But anyone ho demonstrates such deliberate disrespect for these women’s gender identity is, in my opinion, hopelessly bigoted.

They’re women. I don’t know whether and under what circumstances they should be entitled to compete, but they are absolutely entitled to be referred to as women. —Bob
No. Plus, you need to think beyond your bullshit. If you're really down with it then you need to "care" how it affects athlletics, etc. And, no. They can identify however, we don't care. But, it carries into every aspect of doing stuff. Otherwise, AI engineered entities could compete, too. Why not? They may identify as human. Be consistent.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#227 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Way behind on keeping everyone updated:

Male NCAA Runner Named Conference Female Athlete Of The Week
The Big Sky Conference named University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, the cross-country female athlete of the week.

“June Eastwood finished second in a field of 204 runners at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational,” helping “Montana place seventh as a team,” the conference noted in its announcement Tuesday. Eastwood previously competed on the University of Montana’s men’s team.
From a previous article reporting that the adult male would compete against women.
Eastwood’s personal bests as a male runner would shatter records in the women’s category, Running blog LetsRun noted.
And of course this from earlier this week
Male Wins Women’s Cycling World Championship
Biologically male cyclist Rachel McKinnon won a women’s world championship Saturday.

McKinnon, representing Canada, won gold for the sprint event in the women’s 35-39 age category at the 2019 Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Manchester, England.
Anyone who remotely thinks this this is fair, thinks this is right, is in my opinion, batshit crazy.
I really don’t care about the athletics aspect of this. But anyone ho demonstrates such deliberate disrespect for these women’s gender identity is, in my opinion, hopelessly bigoted.

They’re women. I don’t know whether and under what circumstances they should be entitled to compete, but they are absolutely entitled to be referred to as women. —Bob
They are NOT women. They have a Y chromosome. They can have any surgery they want and take any drugs they want, but it does not make them a Womb-man. They do not have a womb and produce no eggs and cannot carry a baby.
I will treat them as whatever gender they wish to be treated as. It doesn't matter to me. But their sex is what chromosomes they were born with. Transgender people who are born male should not be allowed to play in female sports. Period. Sorry if it hurts the individual's feelings. But it hurts a lot more bio-females. What about them, bobby?
And I'd like to know who exactly got to decide this for everyone else. And what gives them and you the right to call anyone a bigot if they disagree?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#228 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:56 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:It doesn't matter to me.
flockofseaguls104 wrote: Sorry if it hurts the individual's feelings.
Whoops, looks like another bit of snide bigotry is showing.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#229 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:05 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Do you not understand the difference? Unfortunately, being born with a Y chromosome gives the average transgender female a great advantage over the average bio female in certain things like competitive sports. That hurts all of the other bio females. What about them, SSS? Explain to me the fallacy in that statement.

You made a statement that you would stop trolling me if I stopped doing something. I agreed to your terms. Implying that I made a bigotted statement when I did not, in answer to a post directed at someone else, not you, is trolling me. Are you renegging? Explain youself, please.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Estonut
Evil Genius

#230 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:34 pm

You're showing your own snide bigotry by your unfair editing of his comments, basically twisting them 180°.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#231 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:03 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I will treat them as whatever gender they wish to be treated as. It doesn't matter to me.
If you tolerate people calling them men when they're actually women, they you're not treating them as whatever gender they wish to be treated as and I can pretty much guarantee you that it sure as hell matters to them. And refusing to acknowledge that is every bit as bigoted as directing the n-word at a black man or woman.

Don't believe me? Insist on using male pronouns to refer to BiT's wife and daughters and see how much equanimity she retains. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#232 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:47 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Unfortunately, being born with a Y chromosome gives the average transgender female a great advantage over the average bio female in certain things like competitive sports.
And that's where you're wrong. It's not the Y chromosome that gives men the advantage. It's the hormonal difference that results. And that's something that can be addressed and is addressed at the international level.

As for calling you out on a sarcastic bigoted statement in a post when you get all high and mighty about Bob###, that needs no further justification.

jarnon

#233 Post by jarnon » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:21 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Unfortunately, being born with a Y chromosome gives the average transgender female a great advantage over the average bio female in certain things like competitive sports.
And that's where you're wrong. It's not the Y chromosome that gives men the advantage. It's the hormonal difference that results. And that's something that can be addressed and is addressed at the international level.
It doesn't make sense to talk about an average transgender female. If Eastwood transitioned when she was already grown up, no amount of hormones can compensate for that. Athletes who began medical intervention earlier are different.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#234 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I will treat them as whatever gender they wish to be treated as. It doesn't matter to me.
If you tolerate people calling them men when they're actually women, they you're not treating them as whatever gender they wish to be treated as and I can pretty much guarantee you that it sure as hell matters to them. And refusing to acknowledge that is every bit as bigoted as directing the n-word at a black man or woman.

Don't believe me? Insist on using male pronouns to refer to BiT's wife and daughters and see how much equanimity she retains. --Bob
I believe everyone who has posted on this subject has said that they will address and treat a transgender person the way they desire. Why do you keep harping on that?
The issue is transgender females competing in sports against biological females. What about the biological females that are out played by a transgender female? WHAT ABOUT THEM?

flockofseagulls104

#235 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:56 am

As for calling you out on a sarcastic bigoted statement in a post when you get all high and mighty about Bob###, that needs no further justification.
What was sarcastic? What was bigoted? I want to understand what you're calling me out on. Seriously.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#236 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:14 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I believe everyone who has posted on this subject has said that they will address and treat a transgender person the way they desire. Why do you keep harping on that?
The issue is transgender females competing in sports against biological females. What about the biological females that are out played by a transgender female? WHAT ABOUT THEM?
Since BiT, at least, insists on using male pronouns on the Bored to refer to transgender women, that's like saying that someone will refrain from using the n-word to refer to black men and women to their face. It's not acceptable in any context. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#237 Post by BackInTex » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 am

Bob78164 wrote:Since BiT, at least, insists on using male pronouns on the Bored to refer to transgender women, that's like saying that someone will refrain from using the n-word to refer to black men and women to their face. It's not acceptable in any context. --Bob
Bob, since you seem to think a person gets to decide what they are referred to as, no matter the context, because of what or who they believe they are, no matter the evidence or facts, let me be clear. I do not identify as or consider myself a bigot. And I'd appreciate it if you would quit referring to me as one. At least be consistent in your application of your own personal standards. I'm consistent in mine.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#238 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:If you tolerate people calling them men when they're actually women, they you're not treating them as whatever gender they wish to be treated as and I can pretty much guarantee you that it sure as hell matters to them. And refusing to acknowledge that is every bit as bigoted as directing the n-word at a black man or woman.

Since BiT, at least, insists on using male pronouns on the Bored to refer to transgender women, that's like saying that someone will refrain from using the n-word to refer to black men and women to their face. It's not acceptable in any context. --Bob
I asked you a specific question, bob. Here's some more: Why are you avoiding answering my question about the rights of bio females? And why, instead of answering it are you persisting on calling people ugly names based on hypothetical situations that, I assume, don't apply to you? Who appointed you to speak for all transgendered people, or for that matter, anyone else? Just wondering.

silverscreenselect

#239 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: What was sarcastic? What was bigoted? I
Your concern over "bio females" might be more credible if you had ever expressed similar concern about the rights or treatment of female athletes in any other context. Instead, it's on a par with Claude Rains concern about illegal gambling in Casablanca. Actually, far less. At least Rains's dialogue was well written and witty.

As for being sarcastic, just how sorry do you feel about trans women in any regard whatsoever?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#240 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Since BiT, at least, insists on using male pronouns on the Bored to refer to transgender women, that's like saying that someone will refrain from using the n-word to refer to black men and women to their face. It's not acceptable in any context. --Bob
Bob, since you seem to think a person gets to decide what they are referred to as, no matter the context, because of what or who they believe they are, no matter the evidence or facts, let me be clear. I do not identify as or consider myself a bigot. And I'd appreciate it if you would quit referring to me as one. At least be consistent in your application of your own personal standards. I'm consistent in mine.
Here's the thing. Gendered pronouns in English are social constructs, not biological constructs. You can tell that's the case because we traditionally refer to ships as "she," and that's not because we think they have two X chromosomes. And in fact, in the vast majority of cases, biological sex is simply irrelevant.

So when you insist on using gendered pronouns that are contrary to the express wishes of the people involved, and doing so because of your own ideas of religion, you are inflicting pain upon them and those who are or who know people in similar situations. And that is an act of bigotry. Which is also a social construct and it's one that I'm perfectly comfortable applying to the behavior that you consistently demonstrate on this topic. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#241 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I believe everyone who has posted on this subject has said that they will address and treat a transgender person the way they desire. Why do you keep harping on that?
I asked you a specific question, bob.
I did answer your question. My answer boils down to, "I do not know enough to have an informed opinion of the specific solution to the problems created by participation of trans women in athletics." If that's all this were about, I probably never would have participated in this thread. But I will call out the bigotry of using the wrong gendered pronouns to refer to trans men and women every single time. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#242 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: What was sarcastic? What was bigoted? I
Your concern over "bio females" might be more credible if you had ever expressed similar concern about the rights or treatment of female athletes in any other context. Instead, it's on a par with Claude Rains concern about illegal gambling in Casablanca. Actually, far less. At least Rains's dialogue was well written and witty.

As for being sarcastic, just how sorry do you feel about trans women in any regard whatsoever?
I wasn't talking about anything but this context. You know nothing about what I'm concerned about and what I'm not. I have never expressed an opinion about thousands of other subjects. How do you presume to speculate and 'scold' me based on what you think my concerns are or are not on a subject that is not even under discussion here? To me, that is bigotry.

But I have stated that I will address any trans person however they wish to be addressed, out of common respect. But, like every other human being, I will decide if I want to associate with them based on the content of their character. Period. Tell me why should I feel sorry for them? They have made a choice that they believe is right for them. Good for them. I wish them well.

The topic under discussion here is different. Can you not distinguish the difference?

Again. Why do you continue to troll me? I am keeping to the subject. I am asking questions. You are the one who is bringing in bigotry by chiding me based on your own stereotypes of what you think I believe. Stick to the subject, please. And please stop trolling me. If you have something to add to the discussion, fine. If you disagree with me, fine. But if all you want to do is pointy stick stuff to me personally, you are wasting your time.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flockofseagulls104

#243 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Here's the thing. Gendered pronouns in English are social constructs, not biological constructs. You can tell that's the case because we traditionally refer to ships as "she," and that's not because we think they have two X chromosomes. And in fact, in the vast majority of cases, biological sex is simply irrelevant.

So when you insist on using gendered pronouns that are contrary to the express wishes of the people involved, and doing so because of your own ideas of religion, you are inflicting pain upon them and those who are or who know people in similar situations. And that is an act of bigotry. Which is also a social construct and it's one that I'm perfectly comfortable applying to the behavior that you consistently demonstrate on this topic. --Bob
Bob, you say it is a social construct. Who has redefined it? Where did it come from? This particular situation is a relatively new issue in society. Is this new social constuct to be enforced by marginalizing and throwing epithets at people who might question it? Is that how a new social construct is created? Personally, I don't think that's an effective way of building support for it.

silverscreenselect

#244 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You know nothing about what I'm concerned about and what I'm not.
Well, forgive me if you're a champion for women athlete's rights who has somehow flown under the radar this past years on the Bored. But you choose to select this one issue to come forward about, cloaking yourself as a champion of women and then choosing to add how you don't feel sorry for hurting trans people's feelings. That's right after you trumpet how openminded you are and accuse Bob and me of bigotry.

Flock, you're ridiculously easy to read and this thread is just one more example. And you weren't just asking questions. You were interjecting comments, the two that I quoted which pretty much sum up your hypocrisy in this matter. But you're right in that you might not be a conscious bigot. You might simply be a tool, parroting whatever line of bull the right wing noise machine sends out there with just enough surface rationale so you can convince yourself that it's all us liberals who are the bigots in the world.

flockofseagulls104

#245 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:16 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You know nothing about what I'm concerned about and what I'm not.
Well, forgive me if you're a champion for women athlete's rights who has somehow flown under the radar this past years on the Bored. But you choose to select this one issue to come forward about, cloaking yourself as a champion of women and then choosing to add how you don't feel sorry for hurting trans people's feelings. That's right after you trumpet how openminded you are and accuse Bob and me of bigotry.

Flock, you're ridiculously easy to read and this thread is just one more example. And you weren't just asking questions. You were interjecting comments, the two that I quoted which pretty much sum up your hypocrisy in this matter. But you're right in that you might not be a conscious bigot. You might simply be a tool, parroting whatever line of bull the right wing noise machine sends out there with just enough surface rationale so you can convince yourself that it's all us liberals who are the bigots in the world.
Another troll. You are certainly not a man of your word. I think the only discussion of female sports was the woman's soccer team . I have the same position on this as bob had on the current discussion. None. I see the arguments on both sides. But I don't see it as an important social issue. It is a money issue. Let them work it out. I have no opinion on that.
Perhaps you will clue me in on what you think my opinion is on this issue with woman's sports that you are referring to, instead of poking me with it. I have no idea.
You seem to be a very angry person.

As for my hurting someone's feelings: while the trans gender female's feelings may be hurt, the possile future, dreams and feelings of many bio female atheletes are being hurt because of one individual's actions. I don't believe that is fair.Do you?

silverscreenselect

#246 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: I think the only discussion of female sports was the woman's soccer team. I have the same position on this as bob had on the current discussion. None. I see the arguments on both sides. But I don't see it as an important social issue. It is a money issue. Let them work it out. I have no opinion on that.
Perhaps you will clue me in on what you think my opinion is on this issue with woman's sports that you are referring to, instead of poking me with it. I have no idea.

As for my hurting someone's feelings: while the trans gender female's feelings may be hurt, the possile future, dreams and feelings of many bio female atheletes are being hurt because of one individual's actions. I don't believe that is fair.Do you?
You have just proved my point. You have no interest in women's sports or female athletes in any other context other than this one very narrow issue of whether the "future, dreams and feelings of many bio female athletes are being hurt" by competing against trans women.

flockofseagulls104

#247 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: I think the only discussion of female sports was the woman's soccer team. I have the same position on this as bob had on the current discussion. None. I see the arguments on both sides. But I don't see it as an important social issue. It is a money issue. Let them work it out. I have no opinion on that.

You have just proved my point. You have no interest in women's sports or female athletes in any other context other than this one very narrow issue of whether the "future, dreams and feelings of many bio female athletes are being hurt" by competing against trans women.
Please explain what point I proved and why it's relevant to the current discussion.
And please answer the question I posed to YOU. Do you think it's fair?

silverscreenselect

#248 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Please explain what point I proved and why it's relevant to the current discussion.
The point is that you don't care what is and isn't "fair" to bio female athletes but this entire pose on your part is a sham to give you colorable cover when you stick it to trans people. And, again, I'll add that it's possible that you are merely parroting what you've been spoonfed by rightwingers who do have an actual agenda, in which case you're just being duped once again.

Athletic competition is by its very nature unfair. It's unfair for me to compete against LeBron James in basketball. It's unfair for Alabama to compete against Tulane in football. It's unfair for a weekend golfer to compete against Jordan Speith. It's up to the rulemakers in each sport to determine what degree of "unfairness" to allow in the name of having what they consider better competition. Separating men and women into different categories is one way to do that, as is separating competitors by age or weight. Within those categories there is more decision making involved, such as what types of artificial aids (drugs, corrective lenses, etc.) to allow. Obviously, this is a work in progress and there's probably no perfect answer. But just to say that allowing trans athletes to compete against women is "unfair" is a non-answer (and your claimed concern about fairness is still just as much a sham as it was about six posts ago).

flockofseagulls104

#249 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Please explain what point I proved and why it's relevant to the current discussion.
The point is that you don't care what is and isn't "fair" to bio female athletes but this entire pose on your part is a sham to give you colorable cover when you stick it to trans people. And, again, I'll add that it's possible that you are merely parroting what you've been spoonfed by rightwingers who do have an actual agenda, in which case you're just being duped once again.

Athletic competition is by its very nature unfair. It's unfair for me to compete against LeBron James in basketball. It's unfair for Alabama to compete against Tulane in football. It's unfair for a weekend golfer to compete against Jordan Speith. It's up to the rulemakers in each sport to determine what degree of "unfairness" to allow in the name of having what they consider better competition. Separating men and women into different categories is one way to do that, as is separating competitors by age or weight. Within those categories there is more decision making involved, such as what types of artificial aids (drugs, corrective lenses, etc.) to allow. Obviously, this is a work in progress and there's probably no perfect answer. But just to say that allowing trans athletes to compete against women is "unfair" is a non-answer (and your claimed concern about fairness is still just as much a sham as it was about six posts ago).
I think I was very clear in my answers. To both the subject in discussion and the distractor you introduced to avoid answering my direct question. I don't think I could get any clearer.
You keep trolling me. You keep referring to ' right wing' this and ' right wing' that. You are angry that I have a different perspective and opinion than you, but cannot accept I come to my conclusions through my own experiences and thought processes. You have stated you would stop trolling me if I stopped doing something that made very little sense, but I am trying not to engage in name calling or using pointy sticks while expressing my opinions and debating opposing ones. Still you persist. And still you have not answered my question.
No offense, but I think some psychiatric help might do you some good.

flockofseagulls104

#250 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:10 pm

I challenge you to find one time. Just once, where I have ever ' stuck it to' transgendered people.
I challenged you before on another accusation you made about me, and you were wrong. When are you going to learn? I am not your stereotype. You seem to love your stereotypes. You think they get you out of having to answer tough questions you know you are wrong about. But they just show how foolish you are. Why would you accuse someone of something that person KNOWS is untrue? To try and convince yourself? You don't convince the person you are falsely accusing. That's for sure. I harbor no ill will towards transgendered people in general. I just think TG females should not be allowed to compete in womans sports. That is my opinion. If you think that is 'sticking it to' TG people, I think that is your problem, not mine.