If you're worried about old transcripts...

An index of WWTBAM transcript posts.
15QuestionsAway

If you're worried about old transcripts...

#1 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 pm

...I can alleviate some of your concerns.

I've been working on a project for my site that will generate transcripts from my site's database.

I've made a pass through the questions recently and cleaned up a lot of the data. I'm still working on the Web presentation part though.

You can see the direction I'm going in if you check this page:

http://www.wwtbam.biz/test.php

The page shows a chronological list of contestants. Clicking on their name will give a rudimentary transcript showing the questions they were asked. It's not quite ready for prime time yet, but it's getting closer. Also, it doesn't work under Safari at the moment.

Right now, the questions are loaded through the end of season 5. You'll see the first few season 6 contestants, but I haven't loaded their question data yet. I do have all the questions in my posession though.

This test page is just the start of what I'm planning to add to my site. I hadn't planned to announce this yet, but with the old bored's demise, I just wanted to make something available to the community.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:59 pm

Where, oh where, is that rec button? --Bob

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:27 am

The Regis era contestants are of no interest?

Bixby17

#4 Post by Bixby17 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:35 am

That information might be a nice sticky at the top of the transcript subforum.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#5 Post by tubadave » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:21 am

Bixby17 wrote:That information might be a nice sticky at the top of the transcript subforum.
Done. 8)

slam

#6 Post by slam » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 am

I don't know how easy this is to do (being fairly non-technical about such things), but it would be great if the questions were searchable. The Jeopardy! archive is searchable and that feature has proven very useful.

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:53 am

Thanks, Jeff. I've been reviewing old questions to be sure to get past the test at my audition attempt next week (I'm inexplicably more nervous about the test than I am about the interview.). I got a file from pcmaxey for season 5, but yours will help me at least skim some older Q's.

gs
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

15QuestionsAway

Regis-era questions

#8 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:06 pm

TheConfessor wrote:The Regis era contestants are of no interest?
I'd like to include Regis era contestants to my site at some point, but I don't have a complete set of data. Do you or anyone else out there know where to get it?

15QuestionsAway

#9 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:10 pm

slam wrote:I don't know how easy this is to do (being fairly non-technical about such things), but it would be great if the questions were searchable. The Jeopardy! archive is searchable and that feature has proven very useful.
That will come in time. In the near term my plans are to:

1. Add data to the transcripts themselves (lifeline usage, appearance dates, etc)
2. Offer more display options besides the current chronological contestant list.

TheConfessor

Re: Regis-era questions

#10 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:01 pm

15QuestionsAway wrote:
I'd like to include Regis era contestants to my site at some point, but I don't have a complete set of data. Do you or anyone else out there know where to get it?
Someone from the old board (mikehardware, as I recall) maintains a massive spreadsheet of all contestants and all of their questions and answers since 1999, including lifeline usage and everything else worth noting. He has been generous about sharing it with anyone who is interested. The file is too large to be sent as an e-mail attachment.

15QuestionsAway

Re: Regis-era questions

#11 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:49 pm

TheConfessor wrote: Someone from the old board (mikehardware, as I recall) maintains a massive spreadsheet of all contestants and all of their questions and answers since 1999, including lifeline usage and everything else worth noting. He has been generous about sharing it with anyone who is interested. The file is too large to be sent as an e-mail attachment.
I do have a copy of MikeHardware's great work, but unfortunately it's incomplete.

With the Regis-era Millionaires airing on GSN, perhaps it will be possible to close up the holes.

Adding the Regis-era data is one of my goals, after I get the Meredith data up and running.

7yrscollegedownthedrain

#12 Post by 7yrscollegedownthedrain » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:17 pm

most of the Regis - era transcripts are @ homestead site; which ones are you missing?
In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...

15QuestionsAway

Transcript test page has been updated

#13 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 am

New transcript stuff:

2007-10-15
1. Contestant result added
2. Appearance date added - multi-day appearances covered
3. Sans-serif font forced until stylesheet is designed

2007-10-10
1. Data through 2007-10-09 added
2. Lifeline usage information improved

fitchburgguy

Commercial Breaks?

#14 Post by fitchburgguy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Hey, guys. It's me again! Anyway, do you know anything about where the commercial breaks were in those transcripts? I'm just usually curious about those, so I'm just wondering.

Ritterskoop

Re: Commercial Breaks?

#15 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:50 pm

fitchburgguy wrote:Hey, guys. It's me again! Anyway, do you know anything about where the commercial breaks were in those transcripts? I'm just usually curious about those, so I'm just wondering.
I cannot speak for all the transcribers, but I rarely put in them when the ad breaks were. I have been only a substitute, though.

I'm curious - how does it improve your reading experience to have the ad breaks noted?
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

fitchburgguy

#16 Post by fitchburgguy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
fitchburgguy wrote:Hey, guys. It's me again! Anyway, do you know anything about where the commercial breaks were in those transcripts? I'm just usually curious about those, so I'm just wondering.
I cannot speak for all the transcribers, but I rarely put in them when the ad breaks were. I have been only a substitute, though.

I'm curious - how does it improve your reading experience to have the ad breaks noted?
Well, I'm working on these "Millionaire Answer Sheets" (like they have for PTBAM) for SyndiBAM and I just usually want to place where the commercial breaks are so that they can be completed.

15QuestionsAway

#17 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Sorry, I don't have the data for the commercial breaks.

fitchburgguy

#18 Post by fitchburgguy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:18 pm

15QuestionsAway wrote:
Sorry, I don't have the data for the commercial breaks.
OK. Thanks anyway.

15QuestionsAway

Transcript updates

#19 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:36 am

New transcript stuff:

2007-11-03
1. Data through 2007-11-02 added

2007-10-28
1. Data through 2007-10-26 added

2007-10-24
1. Data through 2007-10-23 added (Rachel Kohn)

2007-10-15
1. Contestant result added
2. Appearance date added - multi-day appearances covered
3. Sans-serif font forced until stylesheet is designed

2007-10-10
1. Data through 2007-10-09 added
2. Lifeline usage information improved

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#20 Post by hermillion » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Wow! That's some massive amount of data you've put together! I'm in awe of your patience and dedication.

I only have one fuss -- the Switch the Question option wasn't available in the first season. I don't know when it was added, but it definitely wasn't there when I played in 2002/2003.

Nancy
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

15QuestionsAway

#21 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:05 pm

hermillion wrote:Wow! That's some massive amount of data you've put together! I'm in awe of your patience and dedication.

I only have one fuss -- the Switch the Question option wasn't available in the first season. I don't know when it was added, but it definitely wasn't there when I played in 2002/2003.

Nancy
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the compliments. I first started assembling the data when I designed the statistical sections of wwtbam.biz. The question database builds on the work of the people in this community, and I'm very thankful for the work they've put in over the years.

As for the issue you've raised, there's probably a bug in how the remaining lifelines are calculated in the transcripts. I'll have a look.

By the way, switch the question was added at the start of season 3. The prize ladder was changed at the same time.

-- Jeff (15qa)

2008-02-05: The issue with season 1 and 2 contestants "receiving" a switch the question lifeline after question 10 is now fixed. Also fixed is the final status for contestants going all the way.

ibaros

Re: If you're worried about old transcripts...

#22 Post by ibaros » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 am

"The page shows a chronological list of contestants. Clicking on their name will give a rudimentary transcript showing the questions they were asked. It's not quite ready for prime time yet, but it's getting closer."

WOW! YOU ARE THE MAN..AWSOME JOB ON THIS SITE! Just got back from NY audition June 16th...did not pass test!

Total of 90 people took test, 10 were stand bys, 8-10 passed and the rest of us herded out as fast as we went in!

Stood in line in the pouring rain for an hour...they do not let you in early off of 66th street at the big silver door in the middle of a building!

No bathrooms so go before you go in! 10 minutes for 30 tough questions...and LISTEN UP, THEY ARE MOSTLY OLD WWTBAM QUESTIONS, so this site in INVALUABLE!

GOOD LUCK ALL! I'm shooting for the Holloween Edition Next in Vegas 25th of June 08.

Any advise for the Road Auditions would be appreciated!

SARGE, out , :oops:

PS: Thanks Again for your hard work on this organized site!
SARGE

ibaros

REGIS ERA?

#23 Post by ibaros » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:58 am

Are you saying they would not be on this season auditon quizes?

thanks!

SARGE, OUT :?:
SARGE

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: REGIS ERA?

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:51 am

ibaros wrote:

thanks!

You'll get a lot more traffic if you post in our main forum. This one's really only used as a convenient way to find transcripts. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

Re: REGIS ERA?

#25 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
ibaros wrote:

thanks!

You'll get a lot more traffic if you post in our main forum. This one's really only used as a convenient way to find transcripts. --Bob
Or to get random posts.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson