Moderators?

Friday Night Gender Defender!
tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

Moderators?

#1 Post by tubadave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:18 pm

So if FNGD is going to have its own forum, who are going to be the moderators here? I haven't paid enough attention to know who the most active FNGD players are, so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide.
Last edited by tubadave on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shade

#2 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:23 pm

I don't think I want to be moderator of this thing, but no one ever explained to me what a FNGD is other than telling me it stands for Friday Night Gender Defender! (sorry I'm new around here)

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:58 pm

FNGD grew out of TBOTS (The Battle of the Sexes). Taurus and I played the very first TBOTS game. TBOTS was played on weekdays, then somebody got the idea of playing it on Friday nights. Darn it, don't remember that was. Various people have hosted FNGD over the years -- Renovator, me, Takinover, SC Ritterskoop ... AARGH -- I'm just not thinking. There have been a lot more than five.

The acknowledged meister, however, is etaoin, who writes brilliant questions. He's a doctor who lives in Canada, and he's not registered yet.

The game itself consists of three to five questions, with one question in each round designed to be more easily answered by men and one more easily by women. You get one point for answer your gender's Q correctly, two for answering the other gender's Q correctly and four for answering both correctly.

Usually doc counts the three highest scorers for each team and totals them.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Shade

#4 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:05 pm

Sounds fun, but odd. I would never have thought something like that would be on the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire forums. I thought you guys would have done more things like I've been doing, with the FFQ and the 15 questions to a Million, you know something more WWTBAM oriented.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Shade wrote:Sounds fun, but odd. I would never have thought something like that would be on the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire forums. I thought you guys would have done more things like I've been doing, with the FFQ and the 15 questions to a Million, you know something more WWTBAM oriented.
We've done that, too. In fact, early on, when Yahoo permitted chat rooms, we played WWTBAM stacks in real time, complete with FF, ATA, and PAF. Other games have evolved simply because they are fun, and knowledge can be acquired in many ways. "Learning new things" is almost always the goal -- and that translates to Millionaire, Jeopardy, 1 vs. 100, and game shows yet to be created.

Shade

#6 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Meh, my favorite is Millionaire. I think I'll continue to host my 15 question based games. :)

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Shade, most any type of game is welcomed here. We've had music-based trivia games, tv trivia games, sports-based games, many different themes along the way. FNGD is one that has shown up most consistantly of late. Some have come and gone, others show up when someone (looking at the mirror while saying this in relation to the music and tv games) have been able to find the time and organize the brain long enough to put them together. Basically, anyone who takes the time and creativity to entertain and challenge this group is appreciated and their games welcomed, regardless of format. Different strokes for different folks. As you can see, we are more than just a group of Millionaire fans and/or former contestants. We have become a family. Sometimes disfunctional, but mostly FUNctional. We discuss all sorts of things here, and can get quite goofy when the mood strikes (I am a big fan of gettin' goofy and of those who also do so). It's a family, and we love discovering "long lost relatives".

You're doing a nice job with your millionaire game. It's always good to have a fresh source of questioning around here.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Shade

#8 Post by Shade » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks, I hope I can eventually be regarded as part of the family too, or at least a family friend :)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:28 pm

Plus, FNGD is a great "riffing off everybody else" exercise. It's for laughs. It's not a serious keep-score game. Laughing is good.
Well, then

Shade

#10 Post by Shade » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:49 pm

If I had any experience with this game and was good at writing certain gender oriented question I would want to be moderator, because it makes me feel special, but I don't so I can't. I will however want to play if one gets created, so far I've been testing you (as in everyones) knowledge in my game no one has been testing mine, I could be a trivia idiot for all you know and only be fairly good at writing questions :D

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#11 Post by cindy.wellman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Will this be going on tonight? I've enjoyed watching this game a few times.

Cindy

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#12 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:Will this be going on tonight? I've enjoyed watching this game a few times.

Cindy
Unless someone has written a set of questions, probably not, Cindy. Our wonderful meister Etaoin remains among the missing.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#13 Post by cindy.wellman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:37 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
cindy.wellman wrote:Will this be going on tonight? I've enjoyed watching this game a few times.

Cindy
Unless someone has written a set of questions, probably not, Cindy. Our wonderful meister Etaoin remains among the missing.
Thank you for the information, Ms. SC.

On an unrelated note:

I finally saw the tv advertisement with your little friends from your avatar. I had been keeping my eye out for it, but it was only when Sam called me in the room, "Mom, you've GOT to see this commercial" (insert comment about me loving this whole new DVR concept) that I was able to finally see it. I loved it! :D

Cindy

PS - Has DS told you about the wacky weather we're having here? Crazy.

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#14 Post by Odyssey » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 pm

Is there a game tonight?
Odyssey

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Odyssey wrote:Is there a game tonight?
Looks like not -- if somebody had written questions, there would probably have been a post something like "FNGD in 10 minutes" or such.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#16 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:26 pm

As long as I'm here, I want to nominate SC, Beebs, Kay, OntEllen, T-Bone, and me to be moderators, just cuz I think we've been the most players. If I missed anybody, I send one thousand times one thousand pardons and hope you'll nominate yourownself.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#17 Post by kayrharris » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks, Sprots. I'm here ready, willing and able tonight. Guess we could try out the chat room jff. I'm still trying to come down with something. Don't feel really bad, but not good and have a bit of a sore throat.

Bummer for a Friday night, huh?

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#18 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:45 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:As long as I'm here, I want to nominate SC, Beebs, Kay, OntEllen, T-Bone, and me to be moderators, just cuz I think we've been the most players. If I missed anybody, I send one thousand times one thousand pardons and hope you'll nominate yourownself.
I think any or all of those people could fill the bill.

This has been a week of deadlines for me, but I will try to write questions during the coming days, so we'll have them for Friday, Nov. 9, if no one else produces a game. If someone else does want to be meister, we'll keep my questions for another day.

Next week: FNGD, rain or shine. Be there (here?), or I'll send a pack dogs after you. They do their best tracking under a new moon.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#19 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 pm

kayrharris wrote: Guess we could try out the chat room jff.
I'm already there. Where are you?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:08 pm

silvercamaro wrote:This has been a week of deadlines for me, but I will try to write questions during the coming days, so we'll have them for Friday, Nov. 9, if no one else produces a game. If someone else does want to be meister, we'll keep my questions for another day.
My suggestion is to actually play the game on the main Bored. After it's over, I (or one of the other moderators) can move it here. That way FNGD has a chance to attract fresh blood. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#21 Post by tubadave » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am

I have assigned seven moderators to this forum. If anyone else needs to be added, or if any of the seven want to be removed, just let me know.

8)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:44 pm

I will also try to gather up some questions. Sliver, you can do the first cause I'm sure I won't be ready by next Friday. But I'll have some in reserve.
Well, then