Transcript 7/10/24 Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 7/10/24 Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:37 pm

Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell

Millionaire John Carpenter is in the studio audience.

They were on Nickelodeon’s “Kenan and Kel.” Kel’s charity is the National College Resources Foundation. Kenan’s is the Cristian Rivera Foundation.

$100
Which of these activities did Ernest Hemingway describe as “the only art in which the artist is in danger of death”?
A: Bird-watching B: Bullfighting
C: Fly fishing D: Juggling dynamite
Answer
B: Bullfighting
$200
In American Sign Language, what occupation is expressed by combining the signs for “haircut” and “person”?
A: Professor B: Tailor
C: Barber D: Carpenter
Answer
C: Barber
$300
The classic holiday poem “Twas the Night Before Christmas” was first published in 1823 as “A Visit from” whom?
A: Mother Nature B: St. Nicholas
C: Johnny Appleseed D: Uncle Sam
Answer
B: St. Nicholas
$500
To avoid a cyberattack known as “juice jacking,” the FBI has warned travelers to avoid what airport amenities, and “use an electrical outlet instead”?
A: Sleeping pods B: Luggage lockers
C: Massage chairs D: USB charging ports
Answer
D: USB charging ports
$1,000
In a 2024 article, what movie led Vanity Fair to ask, “Why are the sandy planet dwellers wearing those nose tubes”?
A: Dune B: Poor Things
C: Bullet Train D: Asteroid City
Answer
A: Dune
$2,000
Not a multi-sided geometric shape, which of the following is a spice Martha Stewart recommends for pickling?
A: Hexagon B: Pentagon
C: Tarragon D: Octogon
Answer
C: Tarragon
$4,000
Even if it’s not pierced, which of these often-pierced body parts is technically a scar?
A: Earlobe B: Belly button
C: Nipple D: Tongue
Answer
B: Belly button
Commercial break

$8,000
Vatican City is the only place in the world where ATM instructions are written in what language?
A: Latin B: Greek
C: Gaelic D: Maori
Answer
A: Latin
$16,000
Thanks to a popular cover of one of her hits, in 2023, who became the first Black songwriter to win Song of the Year at the Country Music Awards?
A: Alicia Keys B: Tina Turner
C: Janet Jackson D: Tracy Chapman
Answer
D: Tracy Chapman
$32,000
While developing a running shoe prototype in the early 1970s, Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman famously ruined which of his wedding gifts?
A: Coffee maker B: Vacuum cleaner
C: Waffle iron D: Food processor
Answer
C: Waffle iron
$64,000
Sold at auction for over $1.1 million in 2023, a red wool sweater famously worn by Princess Diana in 1981 is adorned with a whimsical pattern of what?
A: Strawberries B: Ladybugs
C: Sheep D: Teapots
ATA
A: 8% B: 68% C: 11% D: 13%
Answer
The audience has failed in a big big way. The answer is C: Sheep. Kenan and Kel win $32,000 for their charities.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 7/10/24 Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:43 am

$100
Which of these activities did Ernest Hemingway describe as “the only art in which the artist is in danger of death”?
A: Bird-watching B: Bullfighting
C: Fly fishing D: Juggling dynamite
Answer
B: Bullfighting
I'm not sure how much of their deliberations were serious and how much was an act, but Keenan and Kel gave every indication that they were about to lock in the joke answer, when Jimmy intervened with a "Bull" comment that steered them to the right answer, thereby denying us of our first celebrity llamas. They had an ATH lifeline, but they hadn't chosen to use it. Cheating for charity is still cheating on a game show, Jimmy. :evil:
$64,000
Sold at auction for over $1.1 million in 2023, a red wool sweater famously worn by Princess Diana in 1981 is adorned with a whimsical pattern of what?
A: Strawberries B: Ladybugs
C: Sheep D: Teapots
ATA
A: 8% B: 68% C: 11% D: 13%
Answer
The audience has failed in a big big way. The answer is C: Sheep. Kenan and Kel win $32,000 for their charities.
Ouch. And in the end, they get the same $32K guarantee that they would have had, if Jimmy hadn't cheated for them.

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:39 pm

Some quiz shows with an Ask the Audience lifeline let the contestant ask a particular audience member what answer they voted for and why. If Kel and Kenan had that option, I can guess whom they would have selected.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:49 pm

I missed this - dammit!

Did the audience skew younger? I'm shocked the ATA was so far off.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:56 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:49 pm
Aside from John Carpenter--who has a bit less hair than he did 25 years ago--from what I could see of the audience, I'd say most of them hadn't been born in 1981. (But to be honest, I didn't remember the sweater pattern until I googled it, either.)

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:57 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:56 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:49 pm
Aside from John Carpenter--who has a bit less hair than he did 25 years ago--from what I could see of the audience, I'd say most of them hadn't been born in 1981. (But to be honest, I didn't remember the sweater pattern until I googled it, either.)
Ah. Thanks!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire