Anything Happen While We Have Been Rambling

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

Anything Happen While We Have Been Rambling

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:01 pm

around Colorado and western Nebraska for the last week?

BackInTex

Re: Anything Happen While We Have Been Rambling

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:52 am

A lot of the usual, but a lot of the lefties are admitting to what us conservatives have been saying all along about Biden, but they are trying to phraseit in ways that makes it sound like it's all a new discovery (shocked! they are).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Spock

Re: Anything Happen While We Have Been Rambling

#3 Post by Spock » Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:36 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:52 am
A lot of the usual, but a lot of the lefties are admitting to what us conservatives have been saying all along about Biden, but they are trying to phraseit in ways that makes it sound like it's all a new discovery (shocked! they are).
I wasn't really talking about the Bored-I was just making a bad joke about world events. LOL.

I bought my usual stack of books on History and conservation/biogeography.

I bought the most books at a store in Valentine, Nebraska. I don't know how she can keep the doors open there. The town only had a population of about 2,600 and the rural hinterlands are very sparsely populated with an Indian Reservation (with a presumably not well-read population) just to the north.

But, in 2024-she still requires masks!!!!! Her choice-but in Valentine Neb!!!!! If it had been a restaurant-we would have walked-but for books-my principles go out the window.

Found an interesting fiction trilogy in Steamboat Springs by an oil geologist who adventurized his life-"Sinai Prospect" and 2 more.