Candidate running for President calls for Purge Day

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Weyoun

Candidate running for President calls for Purge Day

#1 Post by Weyoun » Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:43 am

In an ongoing service to this website, I did want to mention that one of the candidates running for president, Donald Trump, suggested that we could eliminate crime all together if we just gave the police one day to just to go around and brutalize people:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/2 ... e-00181619

I recall that Spock has suggested for fondness for such an idea, so this may motivate him to vote for Trump. On the other hand, BiT implied previously that any encounter between police and black citizens could justify violence, so he may dismiss this as too small bore. Others, such as myself, have concerns about violating constitutional rights and undermining the entire point of our criminal justice system.

BackInTex

Re: Candidate running for President calls for Purge Day

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:50 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:43 am
In an ongoing service to this website, I did want to mention that one of the candidates running for president, Donald Trump, suggested that we could eliminate crime all together if we just gave the police one day to just to go around and brutalize people:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/2 ... e-00181619

I recall that Spock has suggested for fondness for such an idea, so this may motivate him to vote for Trump. On the other hand, BiT implied previously that any encounter between police and black citizens could justify violence, so he may dismiss this as too small bore. Others, such as myself, have concerns about violating constitutional rights and undermining the entire point of our criminal justice system.
I never said or implied such a thing. If you want to provide some ongoing service to this website, perhaps you could just go away, or, and I know this would be tough for you, grow up.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Pastor Fireball

#3 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:12 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:43 am
The real way to eliminate crime altogether is if the GOP had one day to just go around and brutalize all of the MAGA maggots that have infested their party, including the orange maggot felon himself.

Or we could go the George Carlin route: Build a giant wall around the entire state of Wyoming--a wall I'm sure that Mexico would gladly pay for--and turn Wyoming into the largest maximum-security prison in the world. Throw all of the red-hatted criminals and criminal sympathizers into Wyoming and let them roam freely to do whatever they want to each other. Turn on the TV cameras and put all of the fun on premium cable. Use that cable money to fund schools so that no kid will grow up to be a red-hatted criminal or criminal sympathizer.

Either way, America could finally get back to having two functional political parties.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:25 am

I took a lot of crap for saying Trump should not be assassinated “if only” for very good reasons.

I call BiT out and I get high dudgeon from him - But no actual condemnation for what Trump said.

Because he agrees with it.

It’s a vote for freedom and democratic principles versus handing our country over to a caudillo.