If Biden releases his delegates

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
wbtravis007

Re: If Biden releases his delegates

#51 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:23 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:02 pm
Trollboy,

You are on record saying that joe biden would wipe the floor with trump in a debate.
That obviously did not happen.

You are on record saying trump would not show up for the debate.
He accepted all the one-sided rules imposed by the most anti-trump network in the world and was there in person and on time. He followed the rules and answered all the questions. You might not have liked his answers, but that is obviously to be expected.

You are on record saying that videos showing the evidence of biden's senility (or whatever you want to name it) were out of context and false, or as his press secretary calls it 'Cheap Fakes'.
The debate was not a cheap fake. We saw.

Please explain to this bored why anyone should take anything else you say on this issue with any sliver of credibility at all.
Man. Talk about a loser.

And a trollboy.

wbtravis007

#52 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:35 am

SSS, I’m bringing this forward because, after first responding Sunday night, I revised my response yesterday in several respects and am interested to know whether you’ve had additional thoughts since then as well. I’m trying to keep an open mind as things unfold, and will look forward to hearing your additional thoughts as they do.
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:32 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:52 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:53 pm
I wish that I wasn’t convinced now that Biden will lose. The wishful thinking is gone for me.

I’m hoping that a group including people like the Obamas, Clintons, Clyburn, Pelosi, and current congressional leaders can persuade him to agree that he is not going to be able to convince people now that he’ll be a capable president up until he leaves office at the age of 86.

As a last resort, replace Harris on the ticket with Obama. Barack.
I don't know if Biden has Alzheimer's or some other mental disease. You don't. Flock doesn't. The New York Times Editorial Board doesn't. The various commentators don't. The people who do know are Biden's doctors. Mrs. SSS's doctor diagnosed her well before most people realized there was anything wrong with her. As President of the United States, he gets the best medical care imaginable. If Biden has Alzheimer's, his doctors know, he knows, Jill knows, and his inner circle know. I think he would have bowed out long before now, and we could have had as orderly a primary process as possible. I'm also sure that the insiders got on the phone with his doctors as soon as the debate ended.

There will be large factions of the Democratic Party who won't like a "consensus" candidate chosen in a smoke-filled room at this late date, especially if that candidate's views on topics like Gaza differs from their own. If Kamala Harris is pushed aside in favor of some white guy, blacks and women will get extremely upset.
The early polls indicate almost no change in voter opinion after the debate. Much of what's out there is already baked in, on both sides.

What Biden's staff can do is get him back out there at various events from now till the election. Biden has already raised $33 million since the debate, much of that from the grassroots. Campaign volunteer applications have increase. Hold the second debate with Trump (if Trump shows up). If not, schedule town halls and let him field questions from voters for two hours. The other thing his staff can do is to start a discussion about the 25th amendment. I think a lot of Americans are under the impression that if Biden is re-elected, we'll be stuck with him until 2029 unless he dies. If the commentator discussion brings up the 25th amendment, voters who are inclined to support Biden may be more reassured. What's overlooked is that Trump alienated a lot of people at that debate. When he repeatedly talked about migrants coming from insane asylums and prisons, that didn't play well with Hispanic voters. When he said they were here to take Black jobs, that didn't play well with Black voters. And when he talked about killing babies after they were born, that didn't play well with anyone. Left to his own devices and without moderators to fact check him, Trump did not convince any new people that he should be President. The more people know what he's saying, the more they will realize what a danger he is as President.
I’m not saying that it would be impossible for Biden to win. And, I'm not saying that he has Alzheimer's. But, I think that it would be impossible, with respect to many, many voters, for him now to convince them that he will be fine at 86. Enough to matter in this equation, when the margin is so slim and there’s so much at stake. I just don’t think that he can erase those optics, no matter how many successful press conferences or interviews or town hall meetings or ads there might be.

The breath of fresh air that would be provided by a viable candidate other than those two would be considered to be such a relief by so many voters that I honestly think that an electoral landslide would be a possibility.

I’m not talking about a “smoke filled room.” I'm talking about Biden releasing his delegates to vote for his choice, based on the best advice he could get. A breath of fresh air. I’m hoping that Biden can be persuaded by those close to him that he would be considered now and later to be a great man for effectuating and orchestrating that outcome.

I understand the Harris situation. Not sure how to best handle that. That’s why I’m just saying that he should listen to people like the ones that I mentioned, especially Clyburn, on that problem. Obama didn't endorse Biden over Hillary in 2016. The concept that some are suggesting -- that the vice president is somehow automatically "next-in-line" -- doesn't trump all other options for Biden in determining who he thinks would have the best chance with swing voters in swing states.

silverscreenselect

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:34 am

Two items of interest today:

Former Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, who was the Democratic candidate for Senate in 2022, has publicly stated in a Newsweek editorial that Biden should step aside in favor of Harris. He's the first prominent politician (as opposed to commentators and editorial boards) who has done so. It's a rule of thumb in politics that while no one wants to be the first to espouse a controversial point of view, lots of people are willing to be second. (As soon as I flipped back to CNN to verify the wording of my next point, I saw that Rep. Lloyd Doggett of Texas has also come out asking Biden to step down as the nominee.)

A group of unnamed Democratic governors who I assume would include Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer, will meet with Biden to discuss the situation Wednesday. Some will attend in person, others by conference call. Supposedly, they had a phone conference among themselves yesterday organized by Tim Walz of Minnesota (governors only in attendance). Earlier, an unnamed source said that Gretchen Whitmer stated in private that Biden had lost Michigan (Whitmer denied she said this).

Gavin Newsom is not going to fly in from California just to hear reassurances from Biden that everything is going well. My guess now is that Biden's going to step down on the Fourth of July, after getting a gentlemen's (and ladies') agreement from them that they won't oppose Kamala Harris. Despite what Travis says, I have to think that a hotly contested nomination with even one prominent Democrat in the running against Harris would just give Trump that much more ammunition. The Supreme Court opinion yesterday shocked a lot of people and I think it was the final straw in getting a consensus of opinion on taking action now.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#54 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:37 pm

You people are certifiable. Those of us who are not in your bubble knew for 4 years biden was showing all the signs of senility. We SAW it. Your bubble kept itself, and you, in denial. Up until last week, it was all 'Cheap Fakes'. Now, because of the debate, you act surprised! And you are scrambling for an answer. But you NEVER question the fact you have been lied to for 4 years. They have lied to you about who they really are. And they have lied to you incessantly about who we are. Yet you still want to let them control you and continue lying to you.

You are told trump will prosecute and jail (or worse) all his enemies. Well, who was prosecuted in his 1st term? Was Hillary locked up? No, No one was. But that which you fear will happen with trump is happening right now, and you turn a blind eye to it.

You are told he will be a dictator. These liars in the media turned a satirical joke into a bullshit world fact. When, in front of your eyes, the biden politburo is in fact running a dictatorship, ignoring the Congress by innumerable 'executive orders', openly disparaging the other two branches, especially the SC, and openly coordinating numerous lawsuits and harassment of its political opponents.

Now some of you, and even those 'influencers' in the media who have lied to you, not only about this, but about many other things for so many years, are spreading the word that it's ok to want trump to be assassinated. The depths of your self-delusion is unfathomable. You hate trump so much that you think it's ok to murder him. Where in God's name does that hatred come from? You are worse than any of the lies they accuse us of.

When will you step back from this and take an objective look at the situation for YOURSELVES? Why do you let yourself be controlled?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... Simpleton... gullible idiot... a coward who can't face facts... insufferable and obnoxious dumbass... the usual dum dum... idolatrous donkey-person!... Mouth-breathing moron

wbtravis007

#55 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:27 pm

Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:34 am
Two items of interest today:

Former Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, who was the Democratic candidate for Senate in 2022, has publicly stated in a Newsweek editorial that Biden should step aside in favor of Harris. He's the first prominent politician (as opposed to commentators and editorial boards) who has done so. It's a rule of thumb in politics that while no one wants to be the first to espouse a controversial point of view, lots of people are willing to be second. (As soon as I flipped back to CNN to verify the wording of my next point, I saw that Rep. Lloyd Doggett of Texas has also come out asking Biden to step down as the nominee.)

A group of unnamed Democratic governors who I assume would include Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer, will meet with Biden to discuss the situation Wednesday. Some will attend in person, others by conference call. Supposedly, they had a phone conference among themselves yesterday organized by Tim Walz of Minnesota (governors only in attendance). Earlier, an unnamed source said that Gretchen Whitmer stated in private that Biden had lost Michigan (Whitmer denied she said this).

Gavin Newsom is not going to fly in from California just to hear reassurances from Biden that everything is going well. My guess now is that Biden's going to step down on the Fourth of July, after getting a gentlemen's (and ladies') agreement from them that they won't oppose Kamala Harris. Despite what Travis says, I have to think that a hotly contested nomination with even one prominent Democrat in the running against Harris would just give Trump that much more ammunition. The Supreme Court opinion yesterday shocked a lot of people and I think it was the final straw in getting a consensus of opinion on taking action now.
Harris, of course, is next in line if Biden doesn’t finish his term for any reason. The delegates pledged to Biden for his nomination, though, have nothing to do with her. If Biden were to die tomorrow, the Democrats would be able to nominate anyone. President Harris would be like any other candidate.

There was and is no guarantee that he wouldn’t ask that someone else be nominated at the convention as his running mate. As you know, that has happened before. Just as there would be no reason to assume that he would have supported (or will support) her as his preference following a second term. Any more than it was for Obama to support Biden instead of Hillary after his second term. And, I sincerely doubt that JFK would have felt obligated or even inclined to support LBJ for the nomination after serving two terms.

earendel

#56 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:45 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:27 pm
Harris, of course, is next in line if Biden doesn’t finish his term for any reason. The delegates pledged to Biden for his nomination, though, have nothing to do with her. If Biden were to die tomorrow, the Democrats would be able to nominate anyone. President Harris would be like any other candidate.
No matter who the Democrats choose, Trump will win the election (yes, I said it). Harris has almost as many negatives as Biden and there really isn't enough time for any other candidate to gain enough traction to defeat Trump.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#57 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:32 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:45 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
No matter who the Democrats choose, Trump will win the election (yes, I said it). Harris has almost as many negatives as Biden and there really isn't enough time for any other candidate to gain enough traction to defeat Trump.
Harris's negatives are mostly (1) being associated with what a lot of people still think of as "bad" Bidenomics; and (2) footage from early in her term. More recently, she's become associated more closely with women's reproductive rights than Biden is, and that's the Republicans' Achilles heel. There are still a lot of people who don't want to vote for Trump and he alienates more of them every day. It's been their growing concerns about Biden that have them undecided. In some ways, when the Republicans go after Harris (for things like her laugh), that's going to make the public think they're just looking for excuses against any Democrat.

I think the interview with George Stephanopolous is a lose/lose situation for Biden. If he comes off poorly at any point, that will be the only thing people focus on afterwards. If he does well, they will accuse ABC of feeding him the questions in advance and/or selectively editing the recording.

I like Biden and I think he's done a great job on most things. I'm not convinced he's not capable of being President and I think a lot of the flak comes from Republicans and Trumpers like flock who don't give a shit about the country and are just looking to kneecap him. If this were a normal election, I'd say stay the course and hope for the best. Dukakis in 1988 and Dole in 1996 kept going even though they knew they had no chance to win. And their parties regained the Presidency in the next election. But this isn't a normal election and Trump isn't Bush Sr. in 1988 or Clinton in 1996.

Trump still has all the same negatives, but the discussion won't be about him unless and until Biden dispels the press's notions about his health. If this election is about Trump or the issues, the Democrats win. If it's about Biden's fitness, they lose, and the press (and Republicans) will be dogging Biden every day. One more event that can be spun in any way as a senile moment could be devastating.

kroxquo

#58 Post by kroxquo » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:57 am

Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:32 am
earendel wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
Harris's negatives are mostly (1) being associated with what a lot of people still think of as "bad" Bidenomics; and (2) footage from early in her term. More recently, she's become associated more closely with women's reproductive rights than Biden is, and that's the Republicans' Achilles heel. There are still a lot of people who don't want to vote for Trump and he alienates more of them every day. It's been their growing concerns about Biden that have them undecided. In some ways, when the Republicans go after Harris (for things like her laugh), that's going to make the public think they're just looking for excuses against any Democrat.

I think the interview with George Stephanopolous is a lose/lose situation for Biden. If he comes off poorly at any point, that will be the only thing people focus on afterwards. If he does well, they will accuse ABC of feeding him the questions in advance and/or selectively editing the recording.

I like Biden and I think he's done a great job on most things. I'm not convinced he's not capable of being President and I think a lot of the flak comes from Republicans and Trumpers like flock who don't give a shit about the country and are just looking to kneecap him. If this were a normal election, I'd say stay the course and hope for the best. Dukakis in 1988 and Dole in 1996 kept going even though they knew they had no chance to win. And their parties regained the Presidency in the next election. But this isn't a normal election and Trump isn't Bush Sr. in 1988 or Clinton in 1996.

Trump still has all the same negatives, but the discussion won't be about him unless and until Biden dispels the press's notions about his health. If this election is about Trump or the issues, the Democrats win. If it's about Biden's fitness, they lose, and the press (and Republicans) will be dogging Biden every day. One more event that can be spun in any way as a senile moment could be devastating.
I agree with most of this and also Ear's statement that the 45th President will win. I only see two scenarios emerging from the election - 1) Biden loses and the country is subjected to four years (at least - I am sure he is already looking for loopholes in the 22nd Amendment) of his presidency which would be the death knell of the Constitution; or 2) Biden wins whether fairly or not. It really doesn't matter at this point because even if it is fair, the 45th's supporters will never accept it as such. Then the Red Hats will use every means at their disposal, legal or not, non-violent or not, to overturn it. January 6 was spontaneous and lacked organization. They have now had 4 years to prepare with assistance from enablers in federal and state governments across the country. I am dreading this November.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

tlynn78

#59 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:29 am

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:57 am
earendel wrote:

I agree with most of this and also Ear's statement that the 45th President will win. I only see two scenarios emerging from the election - 1) Biden loses and the country is subjected to four years (at least - I am sure he is already looking for loopholes in the 22nd Amendment) of his presidency which would be the death knell of the Constitution; or 2) Biden wins whether fairly or not. It really doesn't matter at this point because even if it is fair, the 45th's supporters will never accept it as such. Then the Red Hats will use every means at their disposal, legal or not, non-violent or not, to overturn it. January 6 was spontaneous and lacked organization. They have now had 4 years to prepare with assistance from enablers in federal and state governments across the country. I am dreading this November.
I wish you guys would settle on a single delusion.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:03 am

I just heard Adam Frisch on MSNBC calling for Biden to resign. He's the Colorado House candidate who lost to Lauren Boebert in 2022 by a few hundred votes and essentially drove her out of that district this time. Jared Golden in Maine didn't call for Biden to resign but tried to reshape the narrative by saying that Trump would probably win and that people in Maine needed to back him to support issues like reproductive freedom to stand up to a second Trump administration. You're going to hear a lot more of that in weeks to come if Biden stays in.

I look at the governors' meeting today as very similar to the meeting Nixon had with Barry Goldwater and Hugh Scott in 1974. Nixon wanted to fight, but they convinced him that his situation was hopeless so the next day he announced he would resign. Nixon's situation is a lot different from Biden's but in one way they are alike. Nixon had people he admired and trusted talking to him face to face, and that's what made the difference.

BackInTex

#61 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:04 am

Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:03 am
I just heard Adam Frisch on MSNBC calling for Biden to resign. He's the Colorado House candidate who lost to Lauren Boebert in 2022 by a few hundred votes and essentially drove her out of that district this time. Jared Golden in Maine didn't call for Biden to resign but tried to reshape the narrative by saying that Trump would probably win and that people in Maine needed to back him to support issues like reproductive freedom to stand up to a second Trump administration. You're going to hear a lot more of that in weeks to come if Biden stays in.

I look at the governors' meeting today as very similar to the meeting Nixon had with Barry Goldwater and Hugh Scott in 1974. Nixon wanted to fight, but they convinced him that his situation was hopeless so the next day he announced he would resign. Nixon's situation is a lot different from Biden's but in one way they are alike. Nixon had people he admired and trusted talking to him face to face, and that's what made the difference.
Resign from office or just drop as a candidate for 2024?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:17 am

Look, all you biden supporters. You have been lied to about so many things. The two main things are:

1. Joe Biden has been, from the start, a Manchurian Candidate. He was brought out of a retirement, which he should have remained in for his own well-being, because the dem-swamp party realized none of the existing candidates had a chance in hell of winning the election. They knew he was incapable of the job. Obama knew this, especially. But they put him up, sheltered him in his basement, and, with the devices at their disposal, which are many and powerful, made sure he was 'elected'. (I have spoken to that at length). They have lied to you from the beginning, and made sure, through their control of the media, that the lie continued. As you saw with the 51 'intelligence experts', they have 6 ways from Sunday to accomplish what they want. They kept Hunter's laptop from becoming an issue in the election, which would have been the difference, knowing what we know now. They have studied, tested and have many methods of cyber-media-propaganda warfare that have been developed for use on enemies of this country. They unleashed their plans domestically. Why? Because they fear what Trump will do to them.
Last Thursday was a mistake. A big one. Like trollboy, they never thought, given the rules, the venue and the moderators that Trumps campaign would ever let him agree to it. Many high-ranking conservatives advised him to decline, but I am assuming Trump himself overruled them. If he did opt out, I'm sure the biden politburo had a massive campaign ready. He, with everything stacked against him, did everything right and just let biden be biden. Everything about biden's administration you have been fed is a lie. Some group of unelected people are now and have been functioning as president. I am calling them biden's politburo. In the depth of your mind, you know this to be true.

2. They have lied to you about Trump. Just about everything you have been fed about Trump has originated from the 'intelligence' community and spread through the media they control and eagerly disseminated by useful idiots like trollboy. Before he decided to run for President, he was an accepted member of the Hollywood celebrity club. He was a successful businessman. He led their lifestyle, and his scandals were written about and then forgotten, just like all the other Hollywood elites.
However when he decided to run as a republican, all that changed on a dime. I wonder what would have happened if he ran as a democrat. With his name recognition and celebrity status, he would have been a superstar. But as a republican, all of a sudden every media outlet could not wait to do stories portraying him as the most corrupt, racist, sexist, antisemite (or now zionist), stupid, dishonest and deviously manipulative human being that ever lived.
Like lawfare, it didn't matter if or even how many of these attacks were proven false. The object was to get them out there into the media universe and let them settle into the 'popular culture'.
So, all you biden supporters, you have been propagandized. So much so that you seem to be convinced that people like me, law abiding, average, day to day Americans who have worked all their lives, been productive, and love their country are now somehow everything you see in my signature. Just because we see beyond the propaganda and in the words of Clarence Thomas 'deign to think for themselves'. Just to remind you, Justice Thomas went through his 'high tech lynching' at the hands of Senator Joe Biden. His mind may be going, but his methods live on.

Please wake up. The world will not go to hell if Trump is elected. It did not go to hell in his first term. In fact, if you are honest with yourself, things were a lot better four years ago until the virus from China hit. The world was a lot more peaceful, the economy was much better, terrorism was at bay. The only static was the constant propaganda and machinations of the left. They started two unprecedented impeachments over nothing. A long arduous 'investigation' over charges that ultimately proved nothing and was based on opposition research funded by the Clinton campaign. Do some thinking for yourself and decide who is the real 'threat to democracy'. (I am using their term just to emphasize that they are manipulating you. We are a Constitutional Republic. THEY want a democracy.)
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... Simpleton... gullible idiot... a coward who can't face facts... insufferable and obnoxious dumbass... the usual dum dum... idolatrous donkey-person!... Mouth-breathing moron

flockofseagulls104

#63 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:50 am

Just for the record. I have no horse in this race, I am voting for Trump. But for the sake of the country, I think biden should step down immediately. My eyes and ears have shown me he is not in any shape to be President. No 'media campaign', as the demos are planning to release on us, is going to convince me to deny what my own eyes and ears have told me. The President of the United States cannot afford to have even one 'bad night'. His is the ultimate responsibility. I'd rather have a lame brain like Kamala Harris for temporary President than one whose mind is not all there.

That being said, aside from my obvious preference that the democrats just don't even bother to put up a candidate, I don't care who they replace him with, but put anyone else on the ballot besides Joe Biden. He should be retired for his own and our country's sake.

wbtravis007

#64 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:06 pm

earendel wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
I don't really get the concept of "traction" here. I think you're underestimating the number of potential voters who would love to have the opportunity to vote for someone other than Biden, because of his age -- (and this includes a lot of potential younger voters) -- and Trump, because they know that he and so many of his TDS-driven nut-job supporters are lunatics -- (see the broken-record frothing on any thread on this board).

I personally think that there are better alternatives than Harris in terms of electability, but I realize that neither she nor anyone else is a possibility unless Biden is persuaded that he should pass the torch to someone. If he feels constrained to turn to Harris, or for some other reason decides that she would give us the best chance to defeat Trump, so be it. I think she'd give us a better chance in a close race than Biden would. I think, though, that someone else might afford an opportunity for a victory by a comfortable margin, if the transition were to be handled well.

silverscreenselect

#65 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:30 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:06 pm
I personally think that there are better alternatives than Harris in terms of electability,
Harris would have two advantages over every other possible Democratic candidate. First, she would have the power of the Presidency if Biden resigned, which I think he would. There's a NATO summit meeting next weekend in DC. She would have a chance to attend as President, get press conferences with the other world leaders, and get them to give her additional credibility. That's going to have a lot more traction with the public than four-year-old videos of cackling laughter. Second, she would coalesce the party around her candidacy. Biden wouldn't endorse Neswom or Whitmer or anyone, and you can bet several of them would be in the running, leading to some bitter feelings among those who don't make it.

Today's press conference was a disaster. There were questions about whether Biden takes naps, and the latest excuse was that he was jet lagged from his European trip a week earlier. That's not going to convince anyone he's up to four more years.Every time they offer excuses for him, the worse it gets.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall of that meeting with the governors tonight.

wbtravis007

#66 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:52 pm

Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:30 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
I personally think that there are better alternatives than Harris in terms of electability,
Harris would have two advantages over every other possible Democratic candidate. First, she would have the power of the Presidency if Biden resigned, which I think he would. There's a NATO summit meeting next weekend in DC. She would have a chance to attend as President, get press conferences with the other world leaders, and get them to give her additional credibility. That's going to have a lot more traction with the public than four-year-old videos of cackling laughter. Second, she would coalesce the party around her candidacy. Biden wouldn't endorse Neswom or Whitmer or anyone, and you can bet several of them would be in the running, leading to some bitter feelings among those who don't make it.

Today's press conference was a disaster. There were questions about whether Biden takes naps, and the latest excuse was that he was jet lagged from his European trip a week earlier. That's not going to convince anyone he's up to four more years.Every time they offer excuses for him, the worse it gets.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall of that meeting with the governors tonight.
You might be right, but I would be shocked if he would resign, and I wouldn’t even encourage him to consider doing so. I think the best chance someone would have of persuading him to release his delegates to a candidate of his choice — (even if those delegates wouldn’t be bound to follow his direction) — would be to convince him that many swing voters in swing states would be doubtful about his ability to maintain his current capability to be a great president for another almost-five years (when he’d be 86). No reason to reassess his conviction that he is able to continue to be a great president. Just acknowledging that someone might be a better CANDIDATE in this critical and close election. Again, country over self.

earendel

#67 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:25 pm

earendel wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
I'm afraid that reproductive rights is not enough to give Harris a win over Trump. Nor do I think that she could bring Black men back into the Biden camp.

earendel

#68 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:29 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
earendel wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
By "traction" I mean that any replacement other than Harris would be a basic unknown to most of the country and there really isn't time for any one of them to make a case to the people. Especially since the candidate wouldn't be known until the convention, giving only a couple months' time. Of the suggested replacements, perhaps Gavin Newsome might have the best chance, but even he would be a long shot.

wbtravis007

#69 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:17 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:29 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
earendel wrote:

By "traction" I mean that any replacement other than Harris would be a basic unknown to most of the country and there really isn't time for any one of them to make a case to the people. Especially since the candidate wouldn't be known until the convention, giving only a couple months' time. Of the suggested replacements, perhaps Gavin Newsome might have the best chance, but even he would be a long shot.
Maybe you’re right. If the best of the Democrats’ political gurus and current and recent congressional leaders would come to the conclusion that Harris, or even Biden, would give us the best shot, so be it. My gut tells me that they wouldn’t, though.

That’s what makes the horse races.

P. S. Adding this edit:

I’m having a hard time envisioning that there would be very many voters who would think something like:

Well, I was going to vote for Biden [or Harris, since I know quite a bit about her and I like her], but now, since they’ve nominated somebody I know nothing about, I don’t have enough time to consider them so I’ll just go with Trump.
Last edited by wbtravis007 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BackInTex

#70 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:22 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:17 pm
earendel wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
Maybe you’re right. If the best of the Democrats’ political gurus and current and recent congressional leaders would come to the conclusion that Harris, or even Biden, would give us the best shot, so be it. My gut tells me that they wouldn’t, though.

Are you OK? Able to sleep? I know you must be stressed.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

wbtravis007

#71 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:22 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:17 pm
earendel wrote:

Are you OK? Able to sleep? I know you must be stressed.
I’m fine. I appreciate your concern, though.

But yes, I’m very concerned and somewhat stressed about this situation.

I just added a post script to the post that you quoted here. I’m sure you’ll want to check that out.

flockofseagulls104

#72 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:28 pm

Here's a chance to shed a light on the situation.

This I would pay real money to see.

Those with prediction departments: What are the chances your crack people give that biden will accept? Give them a chance to rise above 0% correct.

silverscreenselect

#73 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:52 pm

That interview today should be the final nail in his candidate coffin. He wasn't as bad as during the debate, but he certainly didn't consistently project confidence. That was after a rally earlier today in Wisconsin where he hit it out of the park. Here, he had some good answers and hit the talking points, but he couldn't keep it up. Instead, he had that vacant look on his face several times; he hesitated a few times and stumbled over himself a couple of times. You can expect to see those on right wing media. He also dismissed the polls against him first saying he only had one bad poll since the debate and wound up coming up with three before he finished talking. A couple of times he indicated he wouldn't accept anyone telling him to get out of the race except the good Lord Almighty. And when Stephanopolous asked how he would feel if he stayed in the race and Trump won. His answer was that if he had given it his all, he wouldn't feel too bad. That sort of "giving it the old college try" response goes against everything he's been saying about how disastrous a second Trump term would be.

Again, Stephanopolous didn't ask him any gotcha questions and Biden couldn't get through a 20-minute interview. Someone needs to talk some sense into him this weekend.

PS: Hakeem Jeffrey has scheduled a Zoom call with all Democratic representatives Monday, just before Congress goes back into session.

flockofseagulls104

#74 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:22 pm

he hesitated a few times and stumbled over himself a couple of times. You can expect to see those on right wing media.
Do you have any shame? You say that as if there's something wrong with it. It is factual and topical news. Just by your saying that you admit that it WON'T be seen on the 'major' (left wing, bubble echo chamber) media. Or at least be deflected there. Is that the way news is run in your echo chamber? Only report on what we want them to see? They have no trouble reporting everything and anything that makes trump look bad. It doesn't matter - out of context, made up by 'anonymous' sources. But their 'journalistic ethics' (snort) only kick in when it is defense of the swamp agenda. That is specifically why you have to get and digest news from all sides. You are completely one sided. And so is a significant percent of this country that only gets their news from the media conglomerate.

You are a piece of work.

I repeat, if the left decides he can't be their candidate, for the good of the country, they should remove him from the Presidency immediately. To do anything else is completely obvious political bullshit. And it provides even more proof that it is only political power that is important to them, not any concern for this country or the citizens of this country.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#75 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:55 pm

Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:52 pm
That interview today should be the final nail in his candidate coffin. He wasn't as bad as during the debate, but he certainly didn't consistently project confidence. That was after a rally earlier today in Wisconsin where he hit it out of the park. Here, he had some good answers and hit the talking points, but he couldn't keep it up. Instead, he had that vacant look on his face several times; he hesitated a few times and stumbled over himself a couple of times. You can expect to see those on right wing media. He also dismissed the polls against him first saying he only had one bad poll since the debate and wound up coming up with three before he finished talking. A couple of times he indicated he wouldn't accept anyone telling him to get out of the race except the good Lord Almighty. And when Stephanopolous asked how he would feel if he stayed in the race and Trump won. His answer was that if he had given it his all, he wouldn't feel too bad. That sort of "giving it the old college try" response goes against everything he's been saying about how disastrous a second Trump term would be.

Again, Stephanopolous didn't ask him any gotcha questions and Biden couldn't get through a 20-minute interview. Someone needs to talk some sense into him this weekend.

PS: Hakeem Jeffrey has scheduled a Zoom call with all Democratic representatives Monday, just before Congress goes back into session.
Flock. What were you posting about before?
Because Sss seems to be sorta agreeing?
Well, then