Thinking it's popcorn time

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: Thinking it's popcorn time

#51 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Here's another one, aSSShole, that convincingly demonstrates the decline of journalistic standards. Please research on your own how the story evolved or devolved if you will.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/watch ... e-changer/

Please refrain from your redundant, predictable and obligatory response and it's accompanying swipe at me. I post this just to try and educate you. If it amazes, amuses or makes you glad in some way, I am happy, but I ask you to pleasure yourself in private.
There's additional footage of those high school students from before this particular incident. They were acting like jerks beforehand and during the incident. A large part of the problem is a complete lack of adult supervision over this group. A couple of responsible adults could have defused the entire situation.
WHAT??!?!? High school kids were acting foolish on a school trip???!?
Missing the point, as usual, SSS. How the kids might (or might not have) behaved before the incident that was ALL OVER the "News" wasn't the story that was ALL OVER the "News." The FACT that most of the main stream media outlets ran with the false claim of the Native American activist, without any apparent thought of checking their 'facts' is the real story. But don't worry - it'll die a quick death, brushed under the rug by those same media outlets, and the next, new, shiny exploitation will be along shortly, over which you will be able to clutch your pearls.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:36 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Here's another one, aSSShole, that convincingly demonstrates the decline of journalistic standards. Please research on your own how the story evolved or devolved if you will.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/watch ... e-changer/

Please refrain from your redundant, predictable and obligatory response and it's accompanying swipe at me. I post this just to try and educate you. If it amazes, amuses or makes you glad in some way, I am happy, but I ask you to pleasure yourself in private.
There's additional footage of those high school students from before this particular incident. They were acting like jerks beforehand and during the incident. A large part of the problem is a complete lack of adult supervision over this group. A couple of responsible adults could have defused the entire situation.
Nothing learned.
We who are not consumed by hate of trump and/or hate of anything not in our narrative see this kind of bias in our MSM everyday. It is even worse with social media. Can you see beyond your nose?
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am

tlynn78 wrote:WHAT??!?!? High school kids were acting foolish on a school trip???!?
They weren't "acting foolish"; they were acting like entitled, bigoted jerks who inflamed a potentially volatile situation (and yes, the group of Black Hebrews contributed more than their share to the situation). I guess the full story was that a group of four Black Hebrews acted badly and a much larger group of Covington students helped escalate the situation.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#54 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 am

tlynn78 wrote:WHAT??!?!? High school kids were acting foolish on a school trip???!?
They weren't "acting foolish"; they were acting like entitled, bigoted jerks who inflamed a potentially volatile situation (and yes, the group of Black Hebrews contributed more than their share to the situation). I guess the full story was that a group of four Black Hebrews acted badly and a much larger group of Covington students helped escalate the situation.
In the works of Captain Kirk: ...like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target!
Everyone in the situation acted badly. So what did the MSM report?

Limbaugh calls them the Driveby Media. An apt description in this case.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#55 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:44 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:45 am

Pastor Marshall Jolly wrote:I served an Episcopal parish in Northern Kentucky, approximately 15 minutes from Covington Catholic High School. It's a prestigious all-male school with a reputation for strong academics and strong athletics. You can learn that much from the website. What you won't learn from the website is that there is a sinister pattern of similar behavior within the Diocese. While the Bishop there concerns himself with bizarre pronouncements (such as admonishing the faithful not to hold hands during the recitation of the Lord's Prayer) and quashing "unorthodox hymns" that are otherwise approved for use in the Church, he also has created a culture that is not only anti-LGBT, but also actively seeking out teachers and other administrators who might even hold sympathetic views toward people who are LGBT.

As a (retired) soccer referee, I dreaded officiating matches where Covington Catholic was involved. The fans were always among the rudest, most disrespectful, and mean-spirited that I've encountered--and I've refereed for a long time at almost every level of the game! Student after student has come forward over the years to try and shed light on the abuses that not just LGBT students faced, but students of color. Racial epithets and slurs were commonplace in the halls.

My point is that what we're seeing in the (many) videos circulating shouldn't come as a shock. It's a continuation of a long and disgusting pattern of toxicity & abuse that has been allowed & even encouraged at all levels of the school and, as far as I can tell, from the diocese. While we might be concerning ourselves with "who moved first" or "who moved toward whom" in the video, I encourage you to reflect on this: notice the posture and demeanor of the young man. There is a troubling display of xenophobia embedded here. It's the kind that says that white bodies (read: white, cis, straight, male bodies) can be anywhere they choose at any time, but that non-white bodies (read: non-cis, straight, male bodies) must first seek permission to exist outside of their “place.” This is a window into a perverse system that thrives on toxic, fragile masculinity embedded with xenophobia. And it’s not pretty. Let those who have ears to hear, listen.

tlynn78

#57 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
In the works of Captain Kirk: ...like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target!
Everyone in the situation acted badly. So what did the MSM report?

Limbaugh calls them the Driveby Media. An apt description in this case.
"Wishful Thinking" Media.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#58 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

Pastor Marshall Jolly wrote:I served an Episcopal parish in Northern Kentucky, approximately 15 minutes from Covington Catholic High School. It's a prestigious all-male school with a reputation for strong academics and strong athletics. You can learn that much from the website. What you won't learn from the website is that there is a sinister pattern of similar behavior within the Diocese. While the Bishop there concerns himself with bizarre pronouncements (such as admonishing the faithful not to hold hands during the recitation of the Lord's Prayer) and quashing "unorthodox hymns" that are otherwise approved for use in the Church, he also has created a culture that is not only anti-LGBT, but also actively seeking out teachers and other administrators who might even hold sympathetic views toward people who are LGBT.

As a (retired) soccer referee, I dreaded officiating matches where Covington Catholic was involved. The fans were always among the rudest, most disrespectful, and mean-spirited that I've encountered--and I've refereed for a long time at almost every level of the game! Student after student has come forward over the years to try and shed light on the abuses that not just LGBT students faced, but students of color. Racial epithets and slurs were commonplace in the halls.

My point is that what we're seeing in the (many) videos circulating shouldn't come as a shock. It's a continuation of a long and disgusting pattern of toxicity & abuse that has been allowed & even encouraged at all levels of the school and, as far as I can tell, from the diocese. While we might be concerning ourselves with "who moved first" or "who moved toward whom" in the video, I encourage you to reflect on this: notice the posture and demeanor of the young man. There is a troubling display of xenophobia embedded here. It's the kind that says that white bodies (read: white, cis, straight, male bodies) can be anywhere they choose at any time, but that non-white bodies (read: non-cis, straight, male bodies) must first seek permission to exist outside of their “place.” This is a window into a perverse system that thrives on toxic, fragile masculinity embedded with xenophobia. And it’s not pretty. Let those who have ears to hear, listen.
Bat Phone is ringing off the hook.

silverscreenselect

#59 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:49 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Everyone in the situation acted badly. So what did the MSM report?
The mainstream media reported the most newsworthy item. And, as more facts come out, their judgment seems to be proven correct.

flockofseagulls104

#60 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Everyone in the situation acted badly. So what did the MSM report?
The mainstream media reported the most newsworthy item. And, as more facts come out, their judgment seems to be proven correct.
No they didn't. They reported what most fit their narrative, and now they're destroying the kids to justify themselves. If it didn't fit their narrative, they wouldn't have even touched it. You know that as well as I do.

flockofseagulls104

#61 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 pm

The noble Social Justice Warriors, fueled by the Drive By Media reporting their narrative and hand in hand with social media have managed to close the school down. Some SJW's who have celebrity status have urged the outing of the students on the video so they can be personally subjected to abuse by the moral arbiters of our society.

This is our media, folks.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/covington ... deo-furor/

silverscreenselect

#62 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:The noble Social Justice Warriors, fueled by the Drive By Media reporting their narrative and hand in hand with social media have managed to close the school down. Some SJW's who have celebrity status have urged the outing of the students on the video so they can be personally subjected to abuse by the moral arbiters of our society.

Apparently many of the schools in the area are closed today for weather reasons. It's not surprising that this particular school chose to assign a different reason to the closing to invoke sympathy from the Flocks of this world.

https://www.wlwt.com/weather/closings

tlynn78

#63 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:10 pm

My son attended college with a number of graduates from this school. He remembers meeting both black and white students from CCHS, and remembers being struck by their interactions and sense of camaraderie, irrespective of skin color. Oh, and now 'white' also means 'not gay'? Who knew?

BackInTex

#64 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Who is Pastor Jolly?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:40 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:The noble Social Justice Warriors, fueled by the Drive By Media reporting their narrative and hand in hand with social media have managed to close the school down. Some SJW's who have celebrity status have urged the outing of the students on the video so they can be personally subjected to abuse by the moral arbiters of our society.

Apparently many of the schools in the area are closed today for weather reasons. It's not surprising that this particular school chose to assign a different reason to the closing to invoke sympathy from the Flocks of this world.

https://www.wlwt.com/weather/closings
Like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target. It's not there, it's over here. No matter how much you want to divert attention from the main point, it's still there, and your failure to address it speaks volumes.

flockofseagulls104

#66 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:Who is Pastor Jolly?
Bat Phone switchboard operator

silverscreenselect

#67 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:55 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: No matter how much you want to divert attention from the main point, it's still there, and your failure to address it speaks volumes.
No, you keep bringing up other things like the "tragic" closing of the school due to the protests, and when I show just how bogus that claim was, you go off on yet another tangent.

silverscreenselect

#68 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:56 pm

tlynn78 wrote: He remembers meeting both black and white students from CCHS, and remembers being struck by their interactions and sense of camaraderie, irrespective of skin color.
I guess the white students showed their camaraderie by appearing in public in blackface.

tlynn78

#69 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:59 pm

tlynn78 wrote: He remembers meeting both black and white students from CCHS, and remembers being struck by their interactions and sense of camaraderie, irrespective of skin color.
I guess the white students showed their camaraderie by appearing in public in blackface.
It surprises me not at all that you would guess that. You know, you could just 'decide' you're black, and be done with your white guilt for good.

silverscreenselect

#70 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Another view of Covington Catholic:

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/0 ... se-to-home

tlynn78

#71 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Another view of Covington Catholic:

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/0 ... se-to-home

Whataboutism.

Spock

#72 Post by Spock » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 pm

I know that you don't have much (read any) experience around the schools for several decades. But the pictures I saw were of a "Blackout." Schools have them and many other theme nights at games to raise school spirit.

At a "Blackout" the kids dress up in black. At "Hunting Night' they wear hunting clothes-etc-etc.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#73 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Spock wrote:
I know that you don't have much (read any) experience around the schools for several decades. But the pictures I saw were of a "Blackout." Schools have them and many other theme nights at games to raise school spirit.

At a "Blackout" the kids dress up in black. At "Hunting Night' they wear hunting clothes-etc-etc.
The school's colors are blue and white. I read that they had blue, white and blackout themes.
Well, then

earendel

#74 Post by earendel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Spock wrote:

Be that as it may, "blackface" is not part of a "blackout" night.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#75 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Spock wrote: But the pictures I saw were of a "Blackout." Schools have them and many other theme nights at games to raise school spirit.
And it's just a coincidence that the "blackout" featured wide white lips on the students.